Sign in to follow this  
CTBT&D

Haban Sickle Bar on a 1991 416H

CTBT&D

Just dropping a few pictures of the latest project, Haban model 414E 48" sickle bar made for WH.

post-5789-0-94640300-1332199568_thumb.jppost-5789-0-70662200-1332199613_thumb.jp

Maybe somebody knows better, the closest I could find was this fits about 1968-1973 model WH with 8-12 HP. After removing the center Attach-A-Matic, the gearbox fit perfectly and the front hangers fit the front axle with one small change. I had to make the rear hanger. The lift mechanism was the problem, it had a chain and pulley mounted on a off center lever. :idea: I wanted to use hydraulic lift, so my fourth design finally worked. :angry-banghead: That came with a lot problems, I had to move the drive axle over about 1 1/2" to make room for the lift lever, move the gearbox about 1", and reinforce the frame work because of where I was lifting it. The original gearbox gears were shot, so I found a Jacobsen 48" snowthrower gearbox, NOS made by Haban with the same casting numbers. The output shaft was keyed instead of splined, so I had to make a new front half driveshaft to fit. I cleaned and left all the original parts as I bought them and painted everything I made.

post-5789-0-30599400-1332200888_thumb.jppost-5789-0-75149300-1332200935_thumb.jp

The lever is connected with short chain and slides in the U-shaped block. I've been looking for some type of manual for this exact model with no luck. Not really necessary because I've found that very few parts are available. :confusion-shrug:

:twocents-mytwocents: Craig

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos: Man, that thing looks deadly. :scared-eek:

kpinnc

I see only one problem...

It's on your tractor instead of mine! :ychain:

CTBT&D

I tried the Haban Yahoo Group site when I bought the sickle bar, it seem like you had to join to find out anything. I'll take another look sometime. :thanks:

I had a similar problem when I saw this for sale. Why was it in a wagon not in my garage. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies---Craig

Duff

Sweet machine!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

wh1257

from what yaer is this sickle bar

CTBT&D

From what I found, it was built for 1968-1973 model Wheel Horses. From Joe Haban's obituary, he started the company in 1954 and it was sold in 1995 to the Polaris Group. It has the same cutting head as a few models, with different mounting frames for individual tractor models. I really don't know when it was built, but my guess would be late 60's to maybe 1980. :unsure:

Craig