Sign in to follow this  
wheelhoss

10" garden plow

wheelhoss

Is there anybody out their that can help me set up the plow please its driving me crazy. The plow wants to pull the tractor to the right. Im wanting to plow about 5" to 6" deep. So can anybody help me please its going to make me start drinking again.

edur1710

it its a 10 inch plow from what i've always been told you'll get 5 inches out of it half the plow is what i was always told

wheelhoss

Thanks but how do you set it up

gwest_ca

If you want to plow 5" deep set the tractor on a flat concrete surface with the left rear tire up on a 5" block. Now set the plow behind the tractor on the same flat surface. Slide the plow up to the hitch and adjust the plow adjustable link until it will connect to the tractor. The plow bottom needs remain flat on the concrete surface. This duplicates what happens in the ground. If the plow wants to come out of the ground in use tip the point of the plow down a 1/2 turn at a time until you get the 5" depth you want. If it wants to dig deeper than 5" adjust the plow tip up 1/2 a turn at a time until is holds a 5" depth. This is called adjusting the plow suck.

Garry

I should have written raise both left wheels and set on 5" blocks.

gwgdog66

Here is an informative video I found. It's "green" :hide: but informative

bk-scouter

Good info here guys. I just picked up a moldboard plow myself and found this helpful.

Thanks.

-BK

farmer

That Brinley write up is spot on Terry, I used it when I first got my plough. :thumbs:

Should be pinned up in 'Implements and Attachments' permanently. :twocents-twocents:

wheelhoss

Thanks i'll will be plowing this weekend

whc160

Wish I would have read this before I plowed this year. Very heplful info from Brinley you got there.

tgranthamfd

That Brinley write up is spot on Terry, I used it when I first got my plough. :thumbs:

Should be pinned up in 'Implements and Attachments' permanently. :twocents-twocents:

Got to give credit where credit is due, when I found this information it was posted by another member on here, a couple of years ago. catman81056. I found it very helpfull, just passed on some good information to you folks. I totally agree with the idea of this info being pinned.

edur1710

I just set mine up today and played with it a little bit that video really helped kinda wet to plow but I think is finally set right