Sign in to follow this  
bk-scouter

Time to shed that winter coat...

bk-scouter

So with all the recent 70's and 80's temperatures, I said enough is enough. I went ahead and took off the winter equipment off of her and got it ready for spring duties...

One last time outside (hopefully) before breaking it all down.

P3170042.jpg

P3170043.jpg

While I was at it, I had to lower all of my family's bikes from the storage lifts. And then I had an idea...

P3170045.jpg

We'll see how long this will last. So far I've bumped my head only once :confusion-seeingstars:

First spring duty, lawn rolling

P3180046.jpg

P3180047.jpg

Ahhhh, that feels MUCH better now ! Hopefully I didn't tempt old man winter from returning this season. It is only March...

-BK

• Like 1

Kelly

I've been wanting to do the same with my cab, but I have 12' walls so I know I will not bump my head, I took the blower off sat. but left the blade on the other 520, I'm waiting for the last snow.

Wheel-N-It

I sure like the looks of your lawn. I'm beginning to think maybe I should invest in a roller. What should I look for, and what should I stay away from? You might say I know absolutely nothing about them, but I do want to learn.

Thank You,

Van

bk-scouter

I've been wanting to do the same with my cab, but I have 12' walls so I know I will not bump my head, I took the blower off sat. but left the blade on the other 520, I'm waiting for the last snow.

12' high walls would work perfect. Mine are 10' tall.

Van, I borrow the roller every year from a good neighbor of mine. I think it's a 48" wide poly-roller x 18" or 20" diameter (guessing). I'm not sure how much water it holds but it took about 15 minutes to fill with a garden hose. The poly rollers are nice since they don't corrode like the older metal one do, but you have be really careful and avoid going over hard paved surfaces with rocks so not crack the roller. I'm sure what brand it is, but it does the job pretty good.

-BK

tgranthamfd

Nice 314, what year is it?

Kelly

I have the same roller, your not going to crack it, they are tuff, I've had mine more than 10 years and run it over the gravel driveway all the time, over tree roots ect..... I leave mine full all summer, just in case I want to use it.

bk-scouter

Since it's not mine, I tend to use caution so I can borrow for another time. Kelly, any idea how much this thing weighs full of water??

Terry, thanks for the comment, it's a 1999.

Jeremy Watson

I think winters over for W MI or at least we hope. I took my blower off a couple of weeks ago. That looks like a nice piece of land you have there. Good thinking for the cab, could you fold the bottom in so you don't hit your head.

Nice looking tractor you have, enjoy the spring work.

Jeremy

KC9KAS

Using the numbers 48" wide and 20" diameter and using 20" as the INSIDE diameter, this roller will weigh right at 500 pounds filled with water.