Sign in to follow this  
diesel cowboy

Sears Handiman R/T help

diesel cowboy

Hello all I've been lurking around for the last couple of months since I joined cause I havent really had any problems with my horses. I'm working on my 1938 Handiman R/T 4 wheeled tractor and was wodering if anyone had one or knew where I could find some pictures of the frame without an engine or hood on it. Mine has a lot of extra stuff welded on and I want to cut it off and get it back to original, but dont want to cut the wrong things off. Theres a couple of pieces I’m not shure about cause they have the right paint under the black but the welds don’t look right to me for a factory part. If any one knows or could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance P.S. cause I know everyone likes pictures of what's being talked about heres one of it. Kinda sad shape, but I'll get it going againpost-6402-0-87883700-1332036782_thumb.jp

• Like 1

smoreau

:WRS: Neat tractor!

AMC RULES

Looks like a really cool old tractor, where did you find that?

:WRS:

diesel cowboy

:WRS: Neat tractor!

Thanks. Its unique. I havent seen one at any of the shows I've been to

Looks like a really cool old tractor, where did you find that?

:WRS:

A customer at work bought it about 5 years ago. Found it in an old shed in the woods when he was cleaning up a yard for someone. Wouldnt sell it when he got it but a couple years later he told me if I wanted it he'd deliver it and only wanted $75 for it

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Very neat tractor you have! Jake

jay in nc

:text-welcomewave: pick up an issue of LAGT magizine sept/oct. 2011 it has an artical about these tractors. the owners have a traveling museum. contact al & mary kues of new baden ill. at 618 588 3661. contact charlote pfeiffer at 812- 985 0828 for back issues of the mag. good luck with your project, jay

diesel cowboy

:text-welcomewave: pick up an issue of LAGT magizine sept/oct. 2011 it has an artical about these tractors. the owners have a traveling museum. contact al & mary kues of new baden ill. at 618 588 3661. contact charlote pfeiffer at 812- 985 0828 for back issues of the mag. good luck with your project, jay

Thanks for the info. I have a subscription to lagt have to go find the issue cause I dont remember seeing it but sept/oct was really hectic for me so I might have forgoten about it

bowtiebutler956

That is definitely a very unique tractor. I hope you get all the info you need for it. I have a 1952 Standard or Bantam, that I was looking for some info on, I was shocked at how much help I received here in just a matter of days. There are some very helpful folks here that really know their tractors. Good Luck!!! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

diesel cowboy

Have you tried here ? http://www.handimantractor.com/

Thanks for the suggestion. That was the first place I tried but havent heard back from them and its been almost 2 weeks. So I figured I'd ask on here cause theres alot more people that might know about them

diesel cowboy

Got an update. I was going to pick up some parts for work today and decided to take a diffrent route than normal, and going past one house behind the garage there was another handiman. The owner was home so I stopped and talked to him for about an hour. He didnt want to sell it but was kind enough to let me look at it and take some pictures. He said he bought it off craigslist about a year ago and hadn't ever seen another one like it. I was shocked when I found out how he found it because he lives about 20 miles from my house and I check craigslist almost every day and never saw it listed. I now know after looking at his that everything welded on mine that I wasnt sure about has to come off. And as I was leaving he told me that if I decide I want a hood for mine I can come back and make some patterns from his hood