Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

Fuel Plumbing

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: I would like to know if any one has info where I can find this rubber grommet that goes over the pipe that feeds the carb. There was a post last summer some one converted to1/4 tubing, I sure it works fine but those brass nipples are big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so here are a few picks notice the rubber is stating to flake off. Gary B...................... the 1st pick FuleLine001.jpgFuleLine002.jpgFuleLine003.jpg

rmaynard

What model is this for?

Retired Wrencher

Bob this for the 857/1057/and the 1257 I belive they are all the size. Gary B..............

Fun Engineer

I have a friend that is a diesel mechanic and he was able to get some for me. I don't know what he used them for but they fit perfect.

Martin

gary,

it was me that did that conversion with the compression fittings last summer.

i think you would be surprised how inexpensive this is to do. the fittings are $2.39 for the elbow and $2.09 for the straight one. make up a small length of 1/4 brake line to fit and im sure i did the whole thing for under $6.

i just did another one today on the 1277. the female part of the compression fittings that are on the old system are almost identical to the newer 1/4 inch ones. in fact the 1/4 inch pipe will fit in the old female fittings so you could even leave these on the pump and carb, ( the pump one is very hard to get off if you dont remove or shift the pump away from the cam gear cover. sure beats the uncertainty of rubber deteriorating from modern fuels and additives.

heres some pics........

old setup....

IMG_0507.jpg

here is the old and new. the fittings on the new one (threaded part) are old ones with new pipe, ferrules and compression nuts.

IMG_0510.jpg

heres the new elbow in its packaging......

IMG_0512.jpg