Sign in to follow this  
speedyleedy

worth of a 1995 314 8spd ?

SAM58

I bought a 1998 314-8 with 500 hours at the June 2010 show from Dave's Tractor World for 900.00 (Featured in the 2012 WH calendar month of May)

added a 48" deck, Goodyear AG's, Hubcaps, rear hitch, new belt & pulley.

I would only break even at 1500.00, if you want a good one ready to use pay the price, if it is a fixer upper then you can get them cheaper.

Just depends on how bad you want it.Personally it is my favorite, and will probally never sell it.

leeave96

I bought a 1998 314-8 with 500 hours at the June 2010 show from Dave's Tractor World for 900.00 (Featured in the 2012 WH calendar month of May)

added a 48" deck, Goodyear AG's, Hubcaps, rear hitch, new belt & pulley.

I would only break even at 1500.00, if you want a good one ready to use pay the price, if it is a fixer upper then you can get them cheaper.

Just depends on how bad you want it.Personally it is my favorite, and will probally never sell it.

+1

One of the things that jumps out at me - or at least I think about is that these tractors ain't coming back, they just get older and have more hours of service. IMHO, it's one thing to pay $500 for a tractor that need some or a lot of restoration, but as a Wheelhorse guy, if I have the $$$'s and want to spend it, I know from using these tractors that if one finds a really nice low hour Wheelhorse - it might be time to pry the wallet open a bit further to get something as close to new as possible or else chance another may or may not come along.

Just a thought.

Bill

can whlvr

i have older 414,s and they are very similar to the 314,i really like them and they are a really good all round machine,1500 seems high but thats what it would go for around me

BOWTIE

I BOUGHT A 88 520H A FEW MONTHS AGO WITH A 48" PLOW,50" GRADER,EXTRA A/G TIRES WHEELS AND MANUALS. RUNS GREAT LOOKS GOOD BUT THE HYDRAULIC LIFT WAS ADJUSTED WRONG AND PULL THE BRACKETS RIGHT OUT OF THE DECK FOR $650. THE DECK IS FIXED NOW AND PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER NOW. SAM58 BOUGHT THE GRADER FROM ME.

I JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER TRACTOR TODAY FROM A JOHN DEERE DEALER TODAY. HE WILL DELIVER TOMORROW. 1994 314-8 w/42" SIDE DISCHARGE FOR $650 WITH 895 HOURS. IT WAS GARAGE KEPT AND I WILL BE SECOND OWNER WITH MANUALS. I BELEIVE IF YOU WANT A WHEEL HORSE YOU BETTER BUY THEM NOW. THERE ARE NO MORE!!!!

BOWTIE IN OHIO

rick

My 1990 416H cost me $950, that included the 48" deck, new condition 50" grader, 48" dozer blade, an extra rear hitch, Wheel Horse plastic rear weights, and chrome wheel covers. It cuts grass nicely, and has no engine issues at 700 hours. I am satisfied, the man I bought it from is satisfied, so it was a good deal as far as I am concerned. On the other hand, the 1989 310-8 that got me started on this habit only cost $150.

Forest Road

I've picked up too many good deals to even mention. Personally if you think it's a good deal and can afford it why ask anyone's opinion? Last week I picked up a 89 520h with a 2 stage blower, dozer, mid mount grader, 42 and 48" sd decks, spare ags on rims for a steal! The deals are out there it's just a matter of finding them. Good Luck!

truckin88

during this time of year, if in great shape, around this part of NY 1000-1200. A Gravely 4 wheeler came up the other day on CL and lasted less than 8 hours, seems to be happening more to anything mint.