Sign in to follow this  
bowtiebutler956

Standard Tractor

AMC RULES

Well...the day is young still. :popcorn:

byrunner

since the coil wasn't going to be in till tomrow, we actuly got some real :tools-wrench: work done at the shop today. :banana-wrench::chores-mowlawn::chores-chopwood::chores-mop:

Byron :angry-extinguishflame:

bowtiebutler956

Byron is a good friend of mine, that comes over, and gives me a hand in the shop quite often. I think he's trying to say I've been a little preoccupied here lately with Danny's tractor! :ychain: You guys wouldn't know anything about that, would you? :ROTF: You guys see his little emociacon of the guy putting out a fire, well that's kind of an inside joke. He burned my shop down about 8 or 9 years ago, while using the torch, and yes we are still friends! Somethings are more important than biuldings, tools, and equipment. Not many, but friends are one. I'm always giving him a hard time, and telling him he burned everything, including my fire extinguisher. :ychain: But hey, what are friend for. We rebuilt bigger, and better! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Byron is a good friend of mine, that comes over, and gives me a hand in the shop quite often. He burned my shop down about 8 or 9 years ago, while using the torch, and yes we are still friends! Somethings are more important than biuldings, tools, and equipment.

Humm... you don't hear that everyday of the week. :happy-bouncyredfire: :happy-bouncyredfire:

• Like 1

Rooster

Somethings are more important than biuldings, tools, and equipment. Not many, but friends are one. We rebuilt bigger, and better! :woohoo:

Post of the year!

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Somethings are more important than biuldings, tools, and equipment. Not many, but friends are one. We rebuilt bigger, and better! :woohoo:

Post of the year!

agreed! Thats pretty amazing.
  • Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Thanks Guys! Every time Byron hears me complaining about not having enough room in the shop for all my junk, he says " I could always burn it down for ya again, and we could rebiuld it bigger!" :ROTF: That's the mark of a true friend there. :ychain: Anyway, I did get the coil in today for the little Briggs, and it sure has fire now. I've never seen it jump a spark that healthy before! :woohoo: I didn't have time get the tractor all back together today, and give it a proper test, but I will tomorrow. Danny came running when I walked through the front door today, and said " Did you get my tractor running yet Dad? You know there's only two more days until my birthday" with a very concerned look on his face. I told him no, and I wasn't sure it would be ready by then. :scared-eek: That poor kid, the look on his face almost killed me, but there has to be some surprise. This is the only birthday present I've ever given him, where he knew what it was going to be 2 months before he got it, so I had to leave him guessing a little bit. I hope I don't crack. It's hard seeing him down in the dumps, but we'll turn that frown upside down in 2 days! :thumbs:

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

The little tractor runs great now, no more cutting out! :woohoo: It was the coil. It was a very interesting coil to replace. I had to cut the old coil off the fields with my chop saw, and then use my press to press the new coil on the fields. :scared-eek: I'd never replaced a coil like this before, but they were a little before my time. :ychain: My dad knew exactly what I was talking about, when I told him about it. Anyway, it runs great. :thumbs:

Oh yeah, I cracked. I must be getting soft in my old age, but Danny was asking about his tractor again, and he was so concerned about it being ready, that I told him I had it running. I'm Weak! :banghead:

AMC RULES

Wrapped around his little finger, aren't ya...suckah? :ROTF:

• Like 1

Terry M

Glad you got it Fixed Matt! :thumbs: Maybe a short video of Danny driving the Tractor? :flags-texas: :auto-driving:

Martin

That's great you got it running, Matt. It's time for aridin'......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowtiebutler956

You bet there will be a video Terry. Danny's birthday is Friday, and that's when he will officially be given the tractor, and I will take a video then, and maybe I can barrow a better video camera from a friend. The camera I have takes less than spectacular videos. :banghead: One way or another you guys will get to see footage of the happiest kid in the world on his shinny new errr really old tractor. :woohoo: I'm not sure who will be happier, Danny riding his tractor, or Daddy watching Danny ride his tractor! It will be a close call. :ychain: My dad giving it to me was one of the most memorable experiences of my childhood! :thumbs:

Martin I couldn't agree more! :woohoo:

Say Craig, do you have kids? I'd like to see how you would hold up to the face of you child looking up at you, looking for some kind of reassurance that his tractor is going to be ok. :ROTF:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

No Matt, just my two pets...the wife and her cat. :)

Trust me when I tell ya, neither one of 'em are gonna break me down. :thumbs:

• Like 2

bowtiebutler956

No Matt, just my two pets...the wife and her cat. :)

Trust me when I tell ya, neither one of 'em are gonna break me down. :thumbs:

I bet your wife doesn't know you just said that! :ROTF:

AMC RULES

No, but the cat certainly has...on many occasions. :ROTF:

post-3498-0-46833900-1338119853_thumb.jp

bowtiebutler956

Tomorrow is the Big Day!!!!! :woohoo:

AMC RULES

Rodger Wilco...starting the drum roll Matt. :popcorn:

Jake Kuhn

Well today is the big day. Can't wait for the unveil later. Jake

AMC RULES

:happy-wavemulticolor: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor:Danny :occasion-birthdaymulticolor::happy-wavemulticolor:

Can't wait to see your new tractor buddy, hope you have lot's of fun today. :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Like 1

Martin

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-cake::occasion-candle::occasion-birthdaymulticolor: Danny!!!

"HEY DAD, WHERES MY TRACTOR?"

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Well, the day was a great success! :woohoo: Danny is so happy, I bet we've logged about 2 1/2 hrs seat time, and you'll get to see about 5min of that. Sorry, but I couldn't get another camera to use, so the video is very poor quality. :banghead: Some of you will notice it only has one of its rear fenders on it. I will be ordering the new ones in on Monday. The tractor runs great, but that little quart size gas tank runs out of gas quick, as we found out after about an hour of riding. :ychain: Danny thought he had already broken it. :ROTF:

CasualObserver

Nice job! A pround and memorable day for sure.

Jake Kuhn

She turned out great,and he sure looks happy on it! :handgestures-thumbup: Jake

AMC RULES

Looks like you guys had fun riding together today. :thumbs:

When Danny was riding in the grass, I had this great idea...I wonder if they make a mowing deck for that thing? :ROTF:

bowtiebutler956

Looks like you guys had fun riding together today. :thumbs:

When Danny was riding in the grass, I had this great idea...I wonder if they make a mowing deck for that thing? :ROTF:

Actually Craig, you can still buy pull behind reel mowers, but their kind of expensive. :banghead: I looked at them, and I still have plenty of orange paint left. :ychain: Who knows?

• Like 1