Sign in to follow this  
bowtiebutler956

Standard Tractor

evanloock

So the battery wiring goes through the propeller shaft housing? For the front blade, is there a bracket that bolts to the hood?

bowtiebutler956

So the battery wiring goes through the propeller shaft housing? For the front blade, is there a bracket that bolts to the hood?

These Standards (Bantam) 3000 never had a battery from the factor. My dad added this to the tractor 30 years ago, along with the starter/generator, so that I could start it easier. I left it that way, because I was giving it to my 7 year old son, who like me as a kid, would not be able to pull start it. As for the mower deck, yes there is a bracket that would bolt to the top of the nose of the tractor. If you look through my pics, you'll notice the holes are still there for the bracket. :thumbs: Here is a picture.

Matt :flags-texas:

post-6076-0-15839000-1352690750.jpg

Edited by bowtiebutler956

evanloock

Thanks for the info. Your Dad's mod looks factory. These are certainly neat tractors!

welderman85

The tractor turned out great. I understand the dog stuff thing I have 4 dogs and I try to pick it up but you can never get it all so cutting grass is like driving throught a mine feild

• Like 1