Sign in to follow this  
JBow

What I Got ?

JBow

Hi guys this is my first post. This is what got me interested in the old wheelhorse hobby. I stii dont really know what I have here. Its had an engine change and is missing the round hood and belt guard. I mainly bought it because it is sitting on four brand new tires. I am thinking it may be more of a parts tractor than one I want to get running. I want to get one to use a little I dont really care much what it looks like. In fact I kinda like that "old patina" thing. Ok so my question is what is it and is it worth fixing or is it better used as parts? Thanks for any help ya have to offer. Jack..

post-5901-0-40105000-1331473498.jpg

post-5901-0-77747600-1331473559.jpg

post-5901-0-41110700-1331473594.jpg

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

I am not exactly sure what model it is, but its a fixer for sure, looks pretty good. I like it! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

wheelhorse 1045

It looks like an 854

stevebo

The serial number on my 854 is 47807 which is only a few hundred off yours. I say that it is either a 753 or 854. Not sure where the model year cut off was.

AMC RULES

:eusa-think:

:WRS:

smoreau

:WRS: And I think is just for parts! you better sell it to me! :ychain: No, it is a great fixer upper and If you want to leave the old look to it, just find a good hood and fix what's wrong with it and use it! No one here would say that it has to look new again! Do what you want with it, it is yours and you should be proud of it! I would! :handgestures-thumbupright:

bowtieguy

I'd keep em' both.....is that hauler a good ole bowtie?

jay in nc

just to hazard a guess the truck is a 58 or 59 chevy apache w fleetside bed, need any parts? on to the tractor , id keep it together ,but if you do decide to part it out i would be interested in the tecky starter-generator setup & belt guard. pm me. thanks jay

CasualObserver

854 by the look of the dash decal. Since Stevebo confirmed his 854 being relatively close in serial number, I'd be confident with that.

kpinnc

That engine belt guard looks very much like the 701 belt guard. If it is, it alone was worth what you paid for the whole tractor...

Could be a Teccy though...

mrmowitall

Looks like it would be a great start to a resto. Looks to nice to part out.