Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Wheel Weight ID?

Sparky

I bought a set of official WH front weights to replace these. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows who made these? Or are they just a generic weight for any front (or rear) 8" rim. The steel rings fit inside the top lip of the front rims and they spaced the weights off the rims just a bit. It looks like the large center hole was not a factory hole as its kinda jagged like a torch was used to cut it.

post-2-0-86498800-1331406595_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-95412800-1331406610_thumb.jpg

Mike...........

Kelly

I have a few sets of those weights,(and have sold a few) mine don't have that ring, but a couple sets do have a split ring that 3 bolts go through, when you tighten the bolts the rings slide up the back of the tapered part of the weight and lock onto the rim, made so if the rims does not have bolt holes, or the one set of holes lines up with factory holes for being bolted on, they are commonly sold by MTD but will fit front or rear 8" wheels but not the narrow rims,(maybe with the spacers you have) I have a set on my 520, the center hole was cut, mine have nothing in the center.

Sparky

Thanks Kelly! I never would have guessed MTD, I thought all there stuff was plastic. Maybe these are older?

Mike.........

kpinnc

I have a set from an older Lowes "Garden Tractor" made by MTD, and I'm sure that it was made in the early 80s. Like you Mike, I was surprised that MTD had anything to do with these.

Pretty versatile though. They fit pretty much everything.

CRE1992

This look like massey weights, the tri bolt pattern was for the front wheels, they might be rare if they are. Post it on the the massey ferguson snapper garden tractor section on MTF

Kelly

MTD made some very heavy duty garden tractors also, the 900 series from the 70's and 80's they had 15" rear wheels, 3 point hitch, ect.. pretty nice machine and almost as big as a D they came with briggs motors singles and twins, but yes most MTD stuff is crap.

Hydro

Made To Die

Kelly

Sorry guys but this is a tuff machine, no plastic on it, they are built like tanks, not saying the newer MTD stuff is worth a crap, but they did build some nice stuff at one time.

post-85-0-15601000-1331471493_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-02892600-1331472223.jpg

Kingwood990

I have two of these 990s and I love them. These tractors are shaft driven and have a 2spd hydro rear end with a limited slip diff. They have a standard 3pt hitch that can lift 500lbs. I know the guy that built the gold 990 with the loader. Here is a picture of mine.

qyif0x.jpg