Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

GT14 tyres

meadowfield

I note that there a few members with GT14's who have fitted skid steer tyres to the rear. Most of the pictures look to be BKT/Deestone type 8 ply.

S7300468-1.jpg

009-kopie15.jpg

I've just acquired a pair and am wondering just how easy they are to fit... These things are 8 ply with inch thick tyrewalls and no give, reckon I could run them with a couple of PSI and they wouldn't sag.

Will they just pry on, or am I going to have to get the big boys in?

thanks

ol550

Best get the pros to do them, :help: your wheels arn not heavy enough to pry against. :handgestures-thumbup:

wh1257

I note that there a few members with GT14's who have fitted skid steer tyres to the rear. Most of the pictures look to be BKT/Deestone type 8 ply.

S7300468-1.jpg

009-kopie15.jpg

I've just acquired a pair and am wondering just how easy they are to fit... These things are 8 ply with inch thick tyrewalls and no give, reckon I could run them with a couple of PSI and they wouldn't sag.

Will they just pry on, or am I going to have to get the big boys in?

thanks

looks like my european gt 14

meadowfield

That's because it is! What tyres do you have fitted? And did you fit them yourself?

Mark

wh1257

I bought this machine so I only have the 3 point lift out here you have already placed the size of the bands here are the dimensions 27 * 8.50-15 the name are cargo master

Ole MN

Not sure of the brand but they were for skid steer type, tractor is out back. I had them put on and filled.

Rollerman

I've heard good & bad about the R4 style industrial ag tires.

Most people that run them on light weight GT need or want less plys.

The 8 plys are going to be a bit rugged for the GT14 & will probably hold there shape with no air in them.

I had a set that measured 23x9x12 & were 6 plys.

Mounting them wasn't all that difficult with a set of tire spoons, but I had to use a ratchet strap around the tire's center to help spread the bead so they would take air.

Once I had them on a tractor I didn't care for them....to hard.

Norlett

:coffee: :beer: We fit these hard walled tyres.And they are hard at 8ply.Was'nt that hard to fit.(pardon the pun)

Using our weight (And its a lot between three of us..Thats Me Norlett..Mark Meadowfield..And his Brother Ian,Raider ten.

Plenty of soap.Two levers and a bit of swearing and cursing.They wont come of as easy.Mark should post a picture or two.

Fitting these tyres..I hope.Then we had a beer or twoooooo many.

meadowfield

I did post pictures ! :techie-typing:

it's the other thread !