Sign in to follow this  
WHEEL HORSE BILL

bush hog tractors

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Hey,

guys I and lookin at buying a bush hog tractor and was wondering what is the correct engine for these tractors I wanna say it's kohler but i think it has a techy in it and it has no mowerdeck.It's on CL under massachusetts south coast yesterdays page for $400. Take alook and tell me what you think

Kelly

Mine has a Wisconsin in it

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Kelly is that the correct engine for those.Did you see the one on CL it looks pretty clean but not the original paint for sure they were orange. I found another one that is a 516h with no motor or mowerdeck for $150 it comes with the plastic wheel horse wheel weights and chains is that worth buying just for the parts.I gotta stop buyin tractors I'm back to work soonand don't have time to work on them. :naughty: no I gotta keep buyin them it is a sickness I have and love it. the wheel weights are they cast iron inside or concrete i never owned pastic ones but some told me they are cast iron is this true.

Sparky

The Bush Hog your looking at definitly has a Tecumseh motor in it now, not sure what they originally came with.

The WH 516 you mentioned unfortunately has the Eaton 700 tranny and not the 1100 so its not a great parts machine at $150 with no motor or attachments. Plastic weights are filled with concrete or sand, theres no metal in them.

Mike..........

Kelly

Mine is the smallest Bush Hog they made and is belt drive, the bigger ones are shaft drive, I know very little about them, but were made from 1962 to 1972 and are very heavy duty, this is mine when I got it, mine has the orig engine, and is a red and off white.

100_1378.jpg

100_1374.jpg

100_1376.jpg

wheelhorse 1045

thats a good lookin tractor

Jake Kuhn

I never really noticed it until you posted a pic of yours but there is a garden tractor on the way to my farm that look like yours. It has been there for years. Should I be knocking on there door? I have no idea who lives there and their yard is pretty trashed but it looks complete. Jake

420lse

I'll sell you mine

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-003F.jpg

MVC-004F-1.jpg

Jim_M

I'm pretty sure they all had wisconsin engines.

Ken B

I'll sell you mine How much?

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-003F.jpg

MVC-004F-1.jpg

can whlvr

they got a simplicity look to them,does it have 2 lifts or do you ua=se them at the same time