Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsetroy

Hello from Wisconsin!

wheelhorsetroy

Hi Everyone, i think its time i come out of the woodwork, we just got a foot of snow, and the C-160 is down and out... time to fix er up.

i'm heading straight to the engines forum, it's in pieces now, i took it apart two years ago, and haven't had the cash to get it back together.

this horse is part cat i think, and unfortunately i'm working to bring around life #3. low oil has taken it out twice. if you could only see the shame on my face now...

i've been reading here for a couple years on and off, and figured it's time to join the fun!!

Troy

• Like 2

Sparky

Hey Troy!

:WRS:

Mike.............

bowtiebutler956

Welcome to the Red Square, and yes it is time you join the fun. One more thing. :wwp:

Martin

hey :WRS: .

and welcome to the fun........

can whlvr

glad to have ya here,sounds like you need an oil sensor :eusa-whistle::WRS:

wheelhorsetroy

thanks guys, turns out i need to slow down and check the oil, well sort of, the bolts for the oil pan came loose while blowing snow and i didn't notice until too late.....you want pictures of the carnage or the poor tractor under the sheet in my garage patiently waiting for a new heartbeat...just kidding. the other two running horses we have are not show pieces either, one was the first real tractor my dad ever bought when i was a kid, rusty crusty and nasty, but still runs the tiller ok. i still love that old beast...i'll try the picture posting thing soon.

Terry M

Welcome Troy from Minnesota!!! :WRS: We just got a couple inches of wet slop. :angry-banghead: Thats worse than any real snow!!

AMC RULES

:text-worthless:

Troy from Minnah-soda, yeah.

:)

Terry M

No, he's from Wisconson..... :angry-banghead: The Welcomes from Minnesota :)

wheelhorsetroy

hey Terry, welcome to you too, from one newbie to another!

AMC RULES

No, he's from Wisconson..... :angry-banghead: The Welcomes from Minnesota :)

You would think I would have noticed that little detail, considering I am an AMC fan...my bad Troy. :text-imsorry:

That's what I get for posting on the end of my graveyard shift... :teasing-poke: YUK!

Jake Kuhn

jay in nc

:text-welcomewave: we all want to see you get your horse going again , jay

gwgdog66

Kelly

Operator

Welcome aboard fellow "Cheesehead!"

smoreau

:wwp: and :WRS: :USA:

wheelhorsetroy

103_0449-1.jpg

poor old thing has been hiding under a sheet in the corner of the garage, i guess this spring will be a good time for some paint as long as the engine is out....i'd like to paint the rims, but the tires are loaded, making it more challenging. seat cover is shot, steering wheel is broken inside the rubber... where to stop... oh well, first time posting pics, hope it works

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Hey, thats still a really good looking machine Troy, you should be proud, I know I would be. I really want a C-160. Thanks for the pics! :text-coolphotos:

Matt :flags-texas:

whc160

:WRS: It looks better than my worker. Get that engine running & give it a little TLC. Then you will be back in business.

WH854

:WRS: :thumbs:

Chas

Terry M

103_0449-1.jpg

poor old thing has been hiding under a sheet in the corner of the garage, i guess this spring will be a good time for some paint as long as the engine is out....i'd like to paint the rims, but the tires are loaded, making it more challenging. seat cover is shot, steering wheel is broken inside the rubber... where to stop... oh well, first time posting pics, hope it works

Hey Troy, I think thats still a good looking tractor!! Just needs some TLC and a little time.

wheelhorsetroy

103_0450-1.jpg

and then theres this battered old 1067, prolly a hybrid by now, got an 8 speed, not sure if it's supposed to...

only used with the tiller (buried in the snow, but attached) this is the first wheelhorse my dad bought, and the reason i love them..its not mine, but has been at my house for years since dad doesn't need it anymore...

theres one more that still runs, also my dads, can't even remember the model, very similar to this, with a 10 horse, and a 8 speed. Oops, and the 800 special in the boneyard...

bowtiebutler956

Man Troy you need to bring that horse inside, and out of the cold! :ychain:

Matt :flags-texas:

wheelhorsetroy

that's one of the few things in the backyard that i know will run in the spring, don't want to spoil it... i would guess we've had it about 30 years now... usually in a garage or under a tarp, but the heavy snow pulled the tarp down between it and the freeby simplicity next to it... hopefully i can rid myself of the orange one this summer after i fix the horse... and re-invest into something more usefull... maybe a cab for snowblowing?

• Like 1