Sign in to follow this  
WHEEL HORSE BILL

C-121 brake band

WHEEL HORSE BILL

I am redoing a c-121 and noticed that the brake pad came apart from the band itself.Is there anyway of fixing that or do I just have to buy a new one someone told me jb weld but I really doubt that is going to work :dunno: . Can anyone help thanks. Oh I almost forgot today is my wife diannes :hbd: she is a :canada: who is 36 years old really 9 years olds leap year baby can everyone give a shout out happy birthday dianne

WHEEL HORSE BILL :USA:

tunahead72

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE!! :party:

Bill,

I can't speak from my own experience, but it is possible to repair these things, apparently with good results. Here's an older thread to get you started, try a search on "brake band" or "brake lining" for more ideas:

rmaynard

If you can get both pieces clean, I would suggest using 100% clear silicon adhesive. It has worked for me on the new brake linings that I sold, and I would think that a clean, old lining, and a clean brake band will bond just fine.

• Like 1

c161rat

I know it sounds crazy but I used hi quality superglue on my band a couple years ago. I figured I had nothing to loose if it didnt work, and if it didnt I would just buy a new one. I prepped both surfaces with acetone and let it dry overnight before reassembly. Two years later and its still holding.

Happy Birthday Dianne!!!!!!!

Trouty56

Happy Birthday Dianne!!

Kelly

Clean it very good and apply the glue of your choice, put it on brake drum and clamp it so it has even pressure, that way it will bond tightly all the way around

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Do you guys think JB weld will work.I know that it is strong.

bowtiebutler956

JB might work, but I used 3M super weatherstrip adhesive, and it worked great. Happy birthday Dianne!!!!!! :woohoo:

radarme

Happy birthday Dianne!!!

can whlvr

good luck on your brake band,and beleted to your wife a fellow canadian :canada:

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Thanks guys on the brake band and my wife says thanks also on her birthday :handgestures-thumbup:

WHEEL HORSE BILL :USA: