Sign in to follow this  
chipster2005

My inherited 416-8

chipster2005

Hi guys, thanks for such an awesome site! My dad recently passed and I inherited his 92 WH 416-8. it runs good but theres a carb problem cuz you cant cut off choke...set it halfway and it runs great. I have helped him in the past with the mower deck, but Im doing something wrong in the process of hooking it up to the body. and I cant figure out what the 6inch chain is for.(Dah!) I sold my john deere when I found out I was getting his work horse of 20 yrs! lol Can someone get me a link or some direction on gtting the deck hooked up please? Im usually mechanically inclined but just got a lil frustrated ;) thanks...I'll post a picture in a day or 2

chip bradshaw

AMC RULES

:WRS: Chip. What deck are you trying to get set up? A pict would be helpful, when you can. :popcorn:

chipster2005

thanks for the reply..its a1548sc03 ...a 48" deck... Ill post some pics tomorrow

kpinnc

The chain should connect the T-bar (#27)under the tractor to the lift bell crank (#19). It is used on the deck instead of a solid link, which allows the deck to "float" over uneven terrain.

The only other chain that would be on that tractor would be at the back under the fuel tank IF it's equipped with the rear lift assembly for use with a tiller or allied attachment with a clevis or slot hitch.

14R10024.gif

• Like 1

Sparky

Heres apost from the "Way back Machine".

Give it a read, good info in it.

Mike..........

• Like 1

chipster2005

Thats it! I remember now...the exploded version was the key. Now if I can get the sequence right on the foward and rear bars Ill be set. thanks

chipster2005

It's the center pin and the the lift lever pin that are posing the problem...with the info yall gave me Ill figure it out...Im glad I know where the chain goes now! thanks k...My pop had some stuff wired up for the blade so it may be a challenge but Ill get it. thanks again. any other info would be great. Be blessed!

bowtiebutler956

Well I cant help you with the deck, but it sounds like the carb just needs a good cleaning, I would say it probably has some trash in the jet, if it needs the choke to be on partially. And :wwp: Matt

• Like 1

chipster2005

Hey just wanted to thank yall for your assistance. I got it figured out, all the stuff...basically took apart the dash and got a detailed look from underneath. Once I got the deck on, fueled my horse up and off I went! I love this tractor...it blows my deere away...love that onan power!

can whlvr

its good to hear you got her figured out,if i were you when you have some time i would pull the tins from the engine(if thats correct for an onan)and make sure the fins on the motor are cleanmproper cooling seems to be a good thing to do with the onans and of coarse keep th oil good and clean

• Like 1