Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Magna-Trac Tractor Has Me Circling

grnlark

In my travels today I came across a pretty clean and original Magna-Trac tractor. I had a chance to buy one of these several years ago but just couldn't meet on price with the owner. This one seems to be considerably nicer. It's a ready-to-go machine with the original Briggs 23 (9hp), super solid mower deck that supposedly works mint and an original push blade plow. There's some slop in the steering, typical surface rust as is common on these, the tires are decent and hood has a few minor dents here and there but nothing of any major significance. If space wasn't an issue, my intent would be to buy it and keep it. The reality is that I'm unsure if I'd keep it or save it from the dark dungeon its in now and pass it along. Either way, putting a value on one of these has me stumped. I've seen them sell super cheap and others I've seen sell pretty decent. The current owner is firm on one number that has me apprehensive. If you had to put a number on this machine (clearly based off my two cr@ppy cell phone pictures) what would you be thinking?

Thanks,

Matt

Jake Kuhn

Have no idea on the value but thats a pretty neat little tractor. Jake

Sparky

I'll take a wild uneducated guess. If it runs good and the attchments are in good usable shape....$350-$400.

Mike.........

whfan74

I would take a stab..........$350 :eusa-think:

I have nothing to go by on this, but would feel that would be more than fair.

Just my .02

Don1977

I wouldn't give over $100 not knowing about what type of transmission and rear end is in it, but that just me.

smoreau

It all depends on condition and weather it runs or not. If it runs good and you can drive it around, $300-$350. If you cant hear it run and can't drive it, $100-$150 MAX just my :twocents-twocents:

Ken B

I'd have to agree with Sparky. It does sounds as though it does run and cut grass. Not a real common tractor around here and it might have limited interest. Like you said, you don't know whether or not you are going to keep it so the trick is not to pay too much for it. If he insists on anything above 400 I'd have to close my eyes and walk away.

• Like 1

grnlark

I'd have to agree with Sparky. It does sounds as though it does run and cut grass. Not a real common tractor around here and it might have limited interest. Like you said, you don't know whether or not you are going to keep it so the trick is not to pay too much for it. If he insists on anything above 400 I'd have to close my eyes and walk away.

And thats where my head is too. I was at $400 and he wont budge off $500. It does run and mow, but $500 was just a bit too much in my opinion, thus the reason I passed. I think I just needed the reassurance that I just got.

VinsRJ

I would have to agree with the 350-400 range. I would think on the open market (ebay for example) it would sell for $500.

Hydro

I'll take a wild uneducated guess. If it runs good and the attchments are in good usable shape....$350-$400.

Mike.........

Up here that's more commonly known as A Scientific Wildass Guess. :flags-canada:

Any luck on the purchase? Looks neat!

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Hydro, I like that. :ROTF: I may have to use that. Scientific Wildass Guess. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas: