Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

My new axle bracket

Paul D.

So last weekend I bought a new to me axle bracket to run a rototiller on my C 141. Well, I got the wrong one :hide: . The one I got was for the older rototiller and won't work for the newer ones. Let the hacking and whacking begin!! Well Originally I was thinking I would cut some sections out of the old and weld it into some new angle iron and pretty much Frankenstein it up. Then I got to thinking, well I have all these cool toys at my access why not use them We just picked up an Ironworker at my shop this past December and this seemed like a great use for it! So I fired it up and after a little cutting, bending, bridgeport work, and welding Here's where we ended up. I also have some pics of some of the toys at work.

Ironworker

image-16.jpg

A couple of the welders

image-17.jpg

image-18.jpg

image-19.jpg

The new lathe (Not used on this project but still really cool)

image-20.jpg

My tool box

image-21.jpg

The finished product (almost)

image-22.jpg

image-23.jpg

image-24.jpg

I ended up having to notch the cross bar after I had done pics. I made it to tall and it interfered with the trany case

Let me know If it looks like I missed anything,

Paul

• Like 2

pfrederi

That is probably the most expensive rear hitch I have ever seen :)

Paul D.

Really didn't cost me much, I used drops from work to fab it up. The most expensive part were the retainer clips for locking the arms in place and a can of spray paint

CRE1992

Looks good if you ask me :happy-bouncygreen: . You should start fabbing some more stuff :ychain: . I think you should reproduce the bervac/berco rear prackets used on the 300/400/500 series lol :banana-tux:

-Charles

KC9KAS

I think he means the expensive equipment you were using to fab your hitch....By the way, nice looking hitch!

We have an iron-worker at my workplace too. It is one mean metal cutting, metal bending, hole poking machine!

sorekiwi

But I havent finished the drawing yet!! :hide:

Nice job!

Paul D.

But I havent finished the drawing yet!! :hide:

Nice job!

The Numbers you gave me helped out tremendously Thanks much Mike :thanks:

Hydro

Looks good if you ask me :happy-bouncygreen: . You should start fabbing some more stuff :ychain: . I think you should reproduce the bervac/berco rear prackets used on the 300/400/500 series lol :banana-tux:

-Charles

I think CRE 1992 has a great idea. You wouldn't necessarily have to use that style of retainer clip. It sure beats the custom product that is offered on ebay!

pfrederi

I think he means the expensive equipment you were using to fab your hitch....By the way, nice looking hitch!

We have an iron-worker at my workplace too. It is one mean metal cutting, metal bending, hole poking machine!

That was my point, wish I had (and knew how to use) some toys like yours!!

TT

Excellent work, but...... what's up with the old-style blade washers on the latch pivot bolts? Guys are trying to find them for their mower decks and you're wasting them on a rear hitch? :ychain:

You could probably sell them for a few bucks each. :handgestures-thumbup:

kpinnc

You could probably sell them for a few bucks each.

Heck, with all that equipment- He could make a few hundred and sell them! :)

Paul D.

I didn't realize those where blade washers. They are just what came on the original bracket(at least when I got it). The machines are actually owned by the shop I work at. They let me come I on the evenings and weekends to work on my little side projects but I think if I tried to go into full on production they might get a little upset.

546cowboy

Well the thing about using the machines could be good for your shop owner if you come up with enough stuff to make. It would be another source of income. The only problem there is what that owner would want to charge for those parts. If they can be made with a minimum of labor with left over pieces of steel that normally takes up space it costs him nothing but the labor.

I know I have a local fab shop where I get stuff and times are getting tough with all the equipment sitting idle at times. A lot of that short stuff was already charged out on a bigger job just like those pieces of lumber that get burned or hauled to the landfill from a construction site.

bowtiebutler956

Nice work, and some very cool equipment. :thumbs: I would really like to have an ironworker, but I don't think I could quite sell my wife on one. This would probably be her reaction when I told her the cost. :scared-eek: