Sign in to follow this  
chevrat68

6 speed trans

chevrat68

I have a 68 Raider 12 with a trans I got from a person from Ct. 2 years ago,It was not the same trans that i removed, but it fit with some minor mods. 2 weeks ago water has gottin into the trans then froze (lost high and low range) and when i took the trans apart the high low selector gear was in 3 pieces. I would like to know if All selector gears are the same becouse I dont know the mod of the trans. Or if a trans with 1 1/8 inch axles would fit my Raider?

BTW......My orig. trans (mod 5060) had the spider gears mysteriously disintagerated... Do you think it was the 2 ton bolder i was pushing out of a hole when i dicovered I had a posi diff ???? LOL (for about 15 min) but that gave me time to push it out of the hole. I had the old trans up untill Dec when I got rid of it.

racinfool40

Chevrat, Yes the high-low gear is the same in all the 6-8 speed tranny's...The only difference in the high low tranny's is the differentials and were the brake hub mounts..But I see you already know that because you had to make some mods already..if ya can post up some pics so we can see what happened...And if ya need some parts let use know I have some extra 6-8 speed trans parts layin around..

MIKE.

I bet it was the one in the bottom left in the Pic?

004-3.jpg

chevrat68

Yes its the one on the bottom left. Your the man!

chevrat68

Had to re size the pics to download

chevrat68

I need this up and running soon for my brother in law. He needs it to pull a small grader around his indoor horse arena in maine. How much Mike?

racinfool40

PM sent.