Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

I've given up on the engine swap!

TT

Another option is an extender that mounts to the existing manifold and moves the carb to outside the hood.

I think it was the old GT14's that had a pipe like that because there was not room between front of the engine and the hood for the carb.

Sorry, but I was just refreshing my mind on this topic and this caught my eye.

The GT-14's carburetor was in the "normal" location. There was a 90 degree air cleaner "adapter tube" (Kohler # 236969-S) that screwed to the inlet "flange" of the carburetor and the air cleaner assembly mounted to the other end of it, placing it outside the left side of the hood. This was done because the GT-14 had the gas tank mounted behind (or was part of) the grille. There was not enough room between the carburetor and the gas tank for an air cleaner.

Rollerman

Again Terry...you don't miss anything....I think were going to drop the Terry,TT, Tricycle monikers & go with Hawkeye frome here on out! :D

TT

I guess I also read closely too.

Sorry, but it made me think of this one tractor at the NAMA show a few years ago......

A teenage boy had an old Sears with a Holley 650cfm 4 barrel and a big chrome air cleaner bolted directly on top of the hood! :P

The ONE TIME I didn't have the camera! :D