Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

so did anyone get snow

can whlvr

well for the last 2 weeks we have had 2 systems roll through,they didnt drop what they called for but got a fair bit of seat time,yesterday was even enough to use the thrower,it amazes me how this single throws the snow,and all its seen this year is wet heavy snow,i didnt get a plug up even once,i did plow a bunch also,ill post pics of our snow so you guys that havnt had any can remember what it looks like

Ken B

I awoke to 6 inches of snow! When I told the wife we had a bunch of snow outside she didn't believe me. The weather guessers had no idea it was coming. I had already taken my blade and chains off my recently purchased 416-8. I used my Economy to clean up

Sparky

We had a wet heavy 2-3 inches here in my part of Connecticut Friday morning. Used the 416-H with a 48" blade to move it, no problem.

Mike.........

AMC RULES

I had already taken my blade and chains off my recently purchased 416-8.

Oh...so it was your fault Ken? :ychain:

rexman72

i finally used my two stage snowblower on the xT and couldnt believe how far it threw the heavy snow.

Ken B

I had already taken my blade and chains off my recently purchased 416-8.

Oh...so it was your fault Ken? :ychain:

I suppose it was!

Will G

I had about 3 inches of wet stuff here in Norwich. I used my C-111 with blower to clean off the driveway before work Friday.

SALTYWRIGHT

I GOT 3 INCHES HERE IN NORWALK, CT. BUT DOWN AT THE MARINA IN GREENWICH, CT. WE DIDS NOT GET ANY .HERE IT MELTED BEFORE I GOT TO PLOW. RUSS

Wheel-N-It

We actually got our first snow of the season this past Sunday night. A big whopping 1/2" of snow covered everything here. Of course it was gone by noon Monday, and by yesterday the highs were in the mid 70's with lots of Sun.

• Like 1

Ken B

I had about 3 inches of wet stuff here in Norwich. I used my C-111 with blower to clean off the driveway before work Friday.

Will, how did the thrower work? Snow blade might have been better for what you got.

otrelwood

we got some the last 3 days but not enough to plow til last night but the kid called dibs on plowing so i lost out on running the repowered c 160

Jim_M

We got a few flurries last night, left a faint white coat on the driveway but it melted at sunup.

I would like to hear how the Michigan guys faired. I was in Kalamazoo on Business last week and they were calling for 5-8" , got out just in time.

woodchuckfarmer

We got 2 inches thursday night. It was gone by friday

Will G

Will, how did the thrower work? Snow blade might have been better for what you got.

Ken, it actually worked great for what I had, but I agree, the snow blade would have been better, but I currently have it off.

zieg72

Forcast called for 4-8 inches, north of Chicago got 8.5 inches, we got a light dusting which didn't hurt my feelings at all

smoreau

I had 2" before my B-day trip, and when I got home it was around 5" total. Most so far this year!

tgranthamfd

Heck we mowed today here in OK.

can whlvr

well heres some pics of the snow,seems a fair number of you got some,heres the 42 single throwing some wet stuff,im impressed

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

Raider12

Im here in NE Ohio, this morning I went out and fired up the 520 with a 2-stage blower. Thats it! I just fired it up to hear it run and charge the battery! We got 0 snow to worry about!

Operator

Forcast called for 4-8 inches, north of Chicago got 8.5 inches, we got a light dusting which didn't hurt my feelings at all

I guess I got out of Chicago just in time! Left Lockport around 4:30 and it was 44 degrees and lite rain, got up by O'Hare and you could see flurries farther up by Steve in Elgin it was getting a bit worse. Crappy driving all the way up past Madison WI.

Hydro

I got some seat time yesterday..4-5 inches and again today a couple of inches and some wind drift. Two days in a row :woohoo: that's a record this winter.

sorekiwi

We got about 5" up here in NE Ohio, wet slushy crap. I used the blower just for the hell of it, but I should have just used the blade.

Martin

we were forecast 2-4 inches, but i doubt we even got an inch. wet slushy crap too

can whlvr

it was fairly cold today so i tried out the 312 on some dry snow,wow,it throws snow 50-75 feet,ive never been able to try it out when its cold,today is the first cold day in a long time,the pics were when the snow was wet and you can see it throws it good

Steve B.

Woke up to almost 8" of nasty, wet, HEAVY snow on Saturday. I have to admit I was a little concerned about jamming an almost 40 year old blower into this stuff as it was bloody packy. In the end I figured if I broke something, it'll give me an excuse to take it apart and rebuild. My concerns were unfounded as it turns out, even the 2' pile at the end of the drive barely slowed the C-121 down (I love this little tractor). I did however have to clear the chute a couple times as the snow was quite sticky.

This brings me to a question. Which PTO pulley does everyone use? I have been using the smaller pulley, but was thinking the big one should be faster and perhaps give me a little more range. Thoughts anyone?