Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

sloppy pedals

can whlvr

so i was riding the 308(now313)today and the clutch pedal is really sloppy,i was wondering about the holes in the pedal,i have owned this machine its whole life and have oiled the shaft religously for 24 years,today i was wondering was the hole meant for oil or was it supposed to be tapped and a zerk installed,which it will get when i fix it,think im going to drill the pedal and bush it,i bought a pedal a few years ago and the guy who sold it to me never followed up on the shipping problem,it wasnt in the box when i got it from ups,so i never bought parts from him again and wont ever again either,he used to sell here years ago but i havnt seen his name for a long time,anyway just wondering if others 1986 era pedals only had holes or was the dealer supposed to install?my newer tractors have zerks

mrocket49

The holes were meant for oil. You must really use your clutch a lot to wear out the pedal! : )

can whlvr

yes thisw machine has had alot of hours,thousands i would presume,its on her 3rd motor,but shes still my #1 work horse,and its the lightest dutie that i have,but it is still in very good shape,other than the pedal shaft getting sloppy

sorekiwi

I dont have much experiance with tractors that new, but on some of my older tractors quite often its the crossbar that wears more than the bore in the pedal.

IMG_2120.jpg

Duff

Yeah, Don - the holes are for oil. I'm going through the same thing with my mystery build - pedals with oil holes but no grease fittings. I'll be drilling each one with a 7/32" bit then tapping for 1/4-28 and heading for the hardware store to get the fittings. I think you can get oiled bronze shim material to take up the slack between the pedal bore and the shaft it rides on, but I would make sure I had grease fittings before investing in any bushings!

Duff :)

Martin

heres what i had to do to get my 1057 pedal good.....