Sign in to follow this  
carlsbarn2

tires

carlsbarn2

I am considering 26x12x12 lug tires and am wondering if I could get more pulling power if I just add duals. I now have 23x10.50x12 ags and have a set of 23x8.50x12 ags.

Trouty56

Whew!! Don't know what your are shoeing up there....26X12X12's take a pretty wide rim that you will most likely have to custom make unless you put some different hubs on your axles. Some guys put dual wheels on but there are some transmission failures from them also. Why don't you give the forum a little background on your situation.

• Like 1

kpinnc

Keep in mind that duallies or 26x12x12 tires won't improve traction, they will increase floatation. Our tractors don't have the weight to make that wide foot print work. Unless you really add quite a bit of weight (300lbs or more), which will greatly increase the possibility of a transmission failure, you're better off with at most single 23x10.50-12 tires. I think 8.50 ag tires are probably the best traction you can get in the weight range of a standard Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

Hydro

I have 10.50's and I would trade them for the 8.50's any day for what I am doing and that includes using my grader blade and weights this spring.