Sign in to follow this  
4SPEED

New To ME Lawn Ranger

4SPEED

I just picked up this little Lawn Ranger h60 6hp tecumseh , 1965 model L-155

this is my first Wheel Horse. I thought maybe my grandson could drive it around in the yard in a few years.

I got it not running. it had no spark and carb needed cleaned. today I cleaned the carb and the points. it has good spark now :handgestures-thumbupright:

0221121614.jpg0221121612.jpg

0221121613a.jpg0221121615.jpg

0221121616.jpg0221121612a.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Man, that thing is nice. :thumbs: CL find? :dunno:

:WRS:

4SPEED

no ,, an O'l timer up the road from me had it setting by the barn. you never know if there for sale unless you stop and ask.

it has a crappy krylon overhaul paint job on it now. painted over the decals and overspray on everything. so once I see the engine is good. it will have a date with the sand blaster. dolly the dings out of the hood.

by the way ,, this is the dumbest design to work on it. needing to pull the stearing wheel and take the hood off to get to the engine. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Kingwood990

:WRS: Good looking Lawn Ranger you have there. I have seen what you have done with a Trans-Am so I know this tractor is in great hands.

4SPEED

thanks Matt.

i see it has the frame brackets for a snow blade......did you get one with it? or maybe the seller still has it ?

4SPEED

no . no blade. it doesnt even have the lift lever. PO told me thats how he got it. I was going to use the brackets to mount a small Sears generator to the front.

speedyleedy

Great looking little ranger. good luck on geting it back in shape ! :)

Wheel-N-It

Your grandson should have a nice First Wheel Horse :D

dobeleo

Thats what I want to find next for my grandson too! He sure enjoys driving around on my small green mower. Next year he should be ready for his own.

100_0356-1.jpg

Dan

Shorewood, IL

Jake Kuhn

Nice lawn ranger you have and :WRS: Jake

Kelly

Not bad looking, even looks like it has the orig. thumb screws for the hood!!

4SPEED

thanks Y'all .

dobeleo , thats what I mowed with growing up,nice ride. but dads deer was about 10 years older then that one. I remember standing in the same spot with my dad, as your grandson is. thanks for the flash back.

Jake Kuhn , sweet ride in your avitar. love the wheels/ tires. Id like to put narrow wheels on mine. and a narrowed front kit on it (not sure what its called) does anyone make the kit to narrow the front?

Wheel Crazy

I think it's called a tricycle front end, not sure if anyone makes a kit though?Might have to make your own? Nice tractor!!!

jusjeepn

The only way you'll get a narrower front end on that tractors is to make it a trike. If your refering to the axle on Jake's tractor, that was the design used on the 60 & 61 tractors. The dualls on Jake's tractor make it appear to be narrower. Post lots of pic's as you make this, your first tractor, yours...... and later your Grandson's

Pat

bowtiebutler956

Very nice. :WRS:

Jake Kuhn

thanks Y'all .

dobeleo , thats what I mowed with growing up,nice ride. but dads deer was about 10 years older then that one. I remember standing in the same spot with my dad, as your grandson is. thanks for the flash back.

Jake Kuhn , sweet ride in your avitar. love the wheels/ tires. Id like to put narrow wheels on mine. and a narrowed front kit on it (not sure what its called) does anyone make the kit to narrow the front?

Thanks for the compliment on my suburban. I don't know who did it but someone put narrow lugs on the rear of a ranger and did duals. Wish someone did a narrow kit but I don't think anyone does it yet,Jake

4SPEED

OK , thanks.... Im a 20some year millwright / metal fabricator . Ive been looking :eusa-think: at it , and looking at pics on the net of trikes :confusion-scratchheadblue:

but I think I can make it. it'll be fall before I get to it, and only take me a few weeks to fab something up.