Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

653 the newest to the rust bucket herd.

rustbucket

yup first stop on the way home with her was the car wash. the dairy queen next to it was haveing a classic car show and me and my dad where kidding about rolling the 653 over to the show and setting it up.

rustbucket

now on to one of my big questions. since i have the original H60 should i use normal oil or go with a synthetic to try and keep it alive longer. it has compression and everything else just need to get it running.

HorseFixer

now on to one of my big questions. since i have the original H60 should i use normal oil or go with a synthetic to try and keep it alive longer. it has compression and everything else just need to get it running.

:whistle:B)

sorry bro I just couldn't

contain myself! But I made

a promise I have to keep!

Duke

rustbucket

well duke if you had said synthetic i was going to order amsoil from ya but hmm since ya laghed i guess its dino glue

rustbucket

was just teasein duke its alright im prolly goin go synthetic for this one but might put in an addative that has a bit of teflon mixed into it

rustbucket

drained the oil and put what i had on hand in for oil and added a good dose of marvel mrical oil to it then found out why it had no spark. the points screw was loose and the points where gaped at .40 when they need to be .20. fixed that all and now need to redo the carb on this good old tecumseh.. did i forget to mention it ran crazy good off one shot of either?

rustbucket

HEY DUKE!!!! just thought i'd let ya know i did break down and i am now a user of the fine high quality amsoil. bouth 4 quarts of the small engine formula for my 653 planing on doing the oil change as soon as the normal oil in it. also found a rebuild kit for the H60's carb at jacktown fair. supriseing it coast 12 bucks and is true tecumseh parts.

HorseFixer

HEY DUKE!!!! just thought i'd let ya know i did break down and i am now a user of the fine high quality amsoil. bouth 4 quarts of the small engine formula for my 653 planing on doing the oil change as soon as the normal oil in it. also found a rebuild kit for the H60's carb at jacktown fair. supriseing it coast 12 bucks and is true tecumseh parts.

Glad to hear it Jason! I changed the oil in my ONAN 4000 watt generator in the RV before we took it camping. Boy does it run smooth! It has a 8.1 liter Vortec engine that will get it next along with oil & air filter. Sure is good to know once you switch that your vehicle or equipment is fully protected by good EARL.

Cheers Duke

WheelHorse_of_course

Jason,

Great news you got her to fire!

If I were you I would change the oil frequently. IMHO that is more important. I would change it as soon as it starts looking darker or once a year, whichever comes first.

You might add one of those digital hour meters too.

Nice find, and good that you plan on using her.

rustbucket

mmm since it has the original all aluminum H60 i might not be doing way way to much hard work with her but the 702 with its kohler will be serving heavy labor.

rustbucket

2008-07-31-78952.jpg

2008-07-31-78960.jpg

the tecumseh's air cleaner all painted up pretty pretty and it dose fit on the engine and was true tecumseh parts. i got the box to prove it

P/N 31715 cleaner body.

rustbucket

got the starter for my H60 in the mail last night and now need to start looking in my local area for someone who can do the brushes and maybe give it a quick look over. and it dose fit right up nicely to my engine and the gear mesh is perffect.

bambooheels

great deal you got there, if your friend is still selling i would be interested in some of those tractors, im not too far from you and would like a trip to marshalls creek any way. on anothe note if you wan taht engine too keep running, dont keep spaying either in her, tahts the worst thing you can do to it.

rustbucket

im no longer spraying either i have it wghere the engine will run on gas although rather rough ill do the final carb adjust when its back in the tractor.

what tractors did i mention for sale? im currently trying to aquire one in trade for two of my old jacobsens one runner and one parts tractor but havent heard from the guy. was going to be getting a loaded 854 with blower plow and deck as well as all paperwork.

i pray that deal wasnt undersnatched and i lost out on it.

rustbucket

B) sorry about forgetting i do remember. took mowing three lawns to remember but yeah i do know a guy looking to sell several wheel horses for cheap mainly good parts machines without engines or if your into repowering might be good cheap canidates.