Sign in to follow this  
Terry M

Implement/mower lift lever on 606

Terry M

Does anyone know if a implement lift lever from any other models will fit my 606? I've looked around on the internet and ebay and I'm told that levers from other models ( although they look like mine) won't work.

The problem with mine is that the top button is gone and was replaced (by someone before me) with a home-made "T" handle made and welded from some smaller round stock. It does work but not very well and looks not so nice. One Idea I had was to see if maybe the internals of the lever could be swaped out from one that was from a different model.

Any info on these would be helpful. Thanks, Terry

dclarke

Terry, I have a lift lever from a 606 if you need it. I took the rod out of it and measured it, it's 3/8" rod, 21-1/8" long with a 5/32" hole drilled 1-3/4" from the bottom end for a roll pin to secure it to the plunger. Shouldn't be too hard to make. there's an exploded view of it in the "606" manual that shows the roll pin and plunger.

Terry M

Thanks Denny, I might buy that from you but first I might try to make one . so is the thumb button on top of the lift lever just the top of the rod you described? I've never had a chance to take it apart but from your description it sounds like i could do it. Also, I'm also thinking something else is wrong because it sure is hard to push down and release the lever . I will take it apart in the next few days and see what I have.

Thanks again, Terry

dclarke

Terry, The thumb button is the top of that rod. Let me know if you need something for yours.

Terry M

Sound pretty simple to me, I might try to fab that piece tonight if I can find some 3/8 stuff lating around.

Thanks Denny!!

Terry M

post-5864-0-41259400-1329845670_thumb.jp

Denny, this morning I removed the handle from my 606 so that I could try to install the new push rod that I made last night. But after it was removed I noticed a slight curve in the handle. I'm guessing its not suppost to be like this but not 100% sure. What do you think?

Martin

just went out and checked the 3 that i have.

well 2 (1057 and 1277) are bent like yours but more of a bend.....

like this....

IMG_0394.jpg

and 1 (875) is straight.

like this....

IMG_0395.jpg

im not sure how many different styles there are, maybe somebody like kelly would know for sure.....

smoreau

They should be strait. Some one tried to lift something heaver then they should have at one time. The one in the above pic of the 875 is the way they should look.

Martin

scott, just did a bit of looking through manuals to see what i could find.......

875liftlever-1.jpg

1057liftlever.jpg

both have the bends, even the 875! where as my 875 tractor is straight and some other pics of the small block tractors that i found are straight too. but the manual shows a bend. the 1057 is bent in the manual and so is my 1057.

so does this mean that some were straight and some where bent? i could only find bent ones on the big block tractors with limited looking around.

the small blocks were a mixture of both. thats not to say that some got bent with abuse though.......

just thought of something else too. maybe it depends on how close the lever is to the generator belt guard whether they needed bent or not.

Terry M

Maybe next time Denny is on line he could compare the picture of my 606 lever with the 606 lever he has.(?)

sorekiwi

I dont know for sure, but I think I'm with Martin on this. I have seen straight levers and bent levers, and I have always just assumed that there were two types. Never really thought about which tractors they were on, or why some were and some werent.

Having said that though, it looks like Terry's is supposed to be straight, but has been bent (as in tweaked) at some stage of its life.

The one on my 1276 has had some beefing up at some point:

PICT0002.jpg

Martin

mike, i agree that terrys looks 'tweaked' a little. you can see that the tube has a gradual bend up higher than where its welded in.

the bend on his is in the tube itself whereas on the two of mine (1057 and 1277) the factory welded the tubes into the lower part of the lever at an angle. both of my tubes on those 'bent' tractors are straight..... if that makes sense.

still doesnt explain why the 875 one in the manual is bent, and the one on my 875 is straight...... :confusion-shrug:

worms anyone?

Kelly

I think all the long frame tractors have the bent or angled lift arm, the short frame big blocks like the 1045, 1055 and 1075 these tractors have the angled arm so when the arm is forward it does not hit the starter belt guard, the small block short frames all have the straight arm

Terry M

Thanks guys. now that I look it all over I believe and the evidence says that mine is bent . :sad: I am curious if these tractors with the angled arm have a angled rod inside...just a thought.

dclarke

Mine appears to be straight, Terry.

017-3.jpg

Terry M

Yes it does look straight... If it's still available I'd be more than willing to buy it. Just let me know. Thanks denny

wheelhorse656

Terry The one on my 656 is completly striaght. I was doing some manual surrfing and have noticed the samething Kelly mentiond the tractors with the sarter gen belt guard on them seem to have a slightly bent lift arm The 1056 my grandpa had 2 years ago was "bent" or curved like that.... and agian the one on my 656 is completly straight.

Hopfully denny can help you out....

If you all have not read Terrys restoration thread here it is