Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Can we just skip to "Spring"?

Trouty56

The weather as it was today I'd say we did fast forward to spring....50's and warm.

Raider12

I to remember the blizzaed of 1978. I live here in NE Ohio and we got hammered. They shut down the all the rubber shops here in the Rubber Capital of the World (not). I was 15 and had no school for a week!

Dockfishin

I was only 6 for the 78 blizzard but remember it well it was the the biggest snow fort ever! didn't have to pile it up or anything just dig it out, :lol: only trouble making one was opening the door to get out of the house.

Ken B

Winter has been a no show here in CT. Other than the major snow storm we had in October there has been no snow worth mentioning.

Today I'm going out to do some clearing in the wooded part of my back yard with my Economy loader tractor. Even though its only around 30 degrees at the moment, I'm going to spark up a good cigar and pretend its in the 50's! I wish my friend still had his dump truck, it would sure be handy!

c161rat

I was 10 years old when the blizzard of 78 hit the Cleveland area. My dad and the neighbor went out for supplies which I am sure included beer...LOL and got stranded overnight in his car. At least thats the story he always told us...LOL. I would much rather cut grass then plow snow anyday. At least you can cut grass with one hand, leaving the other hand free to pour beer in your face!!!!!!!

AMC RULES

Humm, to think I always thought that was a pie hole. :eusa-doh:

IthacaJeff

I'm with Clyde about the stones in the grass because of the unfrozen ground. I've only had to plow

twice, but I've already got more gravel in my grass than all of last year. Normally I rely on the ground

to freeze and create a nice plowing surface, but this year the cars and the plow have made a mess

because of all the mud and freeze-thaw cycles.

Jeff

Duff

Somebody up this way asked me the other day how i liked this Winter. "Winter"?" I said, "What Winter? Hell, this has just been Fall with a hangover!" :banghead:

Duff :thumbs:

refracman

Ain't that the truth Duff LOL

Yup the Blizz of 78 was a blast. Our roads were being cleared on the hour by the national gaurd because of the base next to my house.

A little story,my brother had shipped his naval artic gear home, soI got all bundled up in it and headed out. Went down to my buds bout 2 miles away and scared the hell out of them when I knocked on the door. It was sureal walking around during and after it.

WHwest8597

I bought a snowblower for my 314-8 and winter tires for my car. The chances of a major snow fall a slim this year here in Western PA. However, the Blizzard of 1993 came in March.

Wheel-N-It

We actually have about 1/2" of snow on the ground tonight here in central NC. Our first snow of the season.

Myself, I am ready for Spring:)

Van