Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

How big a battery is big enough

JC 1965

Thank youSOI. I wish i could tell you how many times you have helped me fix electrical problems with my tractors, just from reading your posts. :text-thankyoublue: I don't know what we would do without your expertise. :thumbs2:

kodiak

Im sure you all have been to walmart and seen the little computers they have to tell you what battery is recomended for diferant applications. I was there today and tried to see if it would find my c120 and amazingly enough it did. You should have seen this thing it was a 500cca car style top post batterythe width and depth were about the same but was atleast 4-5 inches taller. I seen no reason for a battery that big so i went with the smaller 275 which most of the batteries i have are.

dwayneGT

My wife wonders why I sit here for hours on end staring at my iPhone, it's because of the chance of coming across a post like this! Thanks

Dwayne

Trouty56

My wife wonders why I sit here for hours on end staring at my iPhone, it's because of the chance of coming across a post like this! Thanks

Hahahahaha!!! That is a great reply Dwayne!!

Dresden Guy

Great topic, and it's great to have SOI back!

Paul D.

Dwayne

:text-yeahthat:

Save Old Iron

Dwayne

Dwayne and all who have responded,

I applaud your quest for knowledge, the need to know WHY and not be satisfied with WHAT.

My wife wonders why I spend hours at the computer to put this information out. Then I am able to show her some of the responses you guys post and the "Thank you for making me understand this" responses I see here. I think she is starting to understand the concept of knowledge being valuable only if you take the time to educate others and have them benefit from that education. If you keep all the "secrets" to yourself, what value is that?

What my dearest wife still fails to understand is when she finds tractors parked out in the driveway with notes on them saying "can you fix this please?" As you might guess, I never have to buy my own drinks at the neighborhood block parties !! The world is once again in balance.

Paul D.

Thanks for everyone's input :bow-blue: . I ended up going with the briggs battery from TSC.. It is 350cca. Tractor starts right off now so that was definitely the problem. Really learned alot about battery's along the way. It's kind of nice to have a resource like the :rs: to have on your side when you have a problem

amard

What a phenomenal thread! THANK YOU