Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

Homesteader

COMMANDO1

Along with the wh work horse i bought i also purchased an ace hardware pos but briggs verti runs great. it will be going on this. it is going to be my wifes garden hauler. Im going to try 1 more time to get the original briggs to run. I put in a magnito and rebuilt the carb(which is in real sad shape) now i need to try and get the starter generator working. It is becoming a money pit. Might just be easier to put the newer briggs in it.

post-6199-0-40239100-1329313571.jpg

Kingwood990

That is one nice Homesteader 8. I am currently restoring a Homesteader 7 sold under the Homelite brand.

IthacaJeff

These tractors -- A-C, Homelite, somewhat depending on year -- were actually made

by Simplicity. I had a 1969 7 hp Simplicity Yeoman I got free from a friend a number of

years ago. After I got it running and drove it around I thought it was broken because the

frame twisted so much. But then I found out that these smaller Simplicities were built that

way, that they twisted along the longitudinal axis of the tractor to better follow the

contour of the ground. Nothing I've had has come close to the quality of cut of that

tractor.

Check out SimpleTractors.com for more info.

Jeff

AMC RULES

:text-datsphatyo: