Sign in to follow this  
Tomakh911

Need Help with wheel horse 520 h

Tomakh911

hey guys i am new to this but just wanted to introduce my self my name is jake and i just picked up a wheel horse 520 h i am not sure what year it is i think its a 1991 or 1990 but one thing is that the vinyl on the snow cab is shot and i need to see if i can get new vinyl or what should i do also where can i get parts for the machine.

thanks

post-6308-0-72592100-1329232821_thumb.jp

post-6308-0-47918000-1329232859_thumb.jp

546cowboy

Well it would help if we knew where you were as we all have a shop and I know you're not in mine. As far as 1990 or 1991, does yours have gear reduction steering? If it doesn't it's a 1990 or earlier. Welcome :greetings-wavingblue:

• Like 1

Tomakh911

Thanks Iam located in Bergen county NJ and how would I know if it has that steering ?

AMC RULES

:WRS: Look at the other end of your steering wheel Tom, what do you see down there? :teasing-poke:

mattd860

hey guys i am new to this but just wanted to introduce my self my name is jake and i just picked up a wheel horse 520 h i am not sure what year it is i think its a 1991 or 1990 but one thing is that the vinyl on the snow cab is shot and i need to see if i can get new vinyl or what should i do also where can i get parts for the machine.

thanks

Hi Tom!! Congrats on the new Wheel Horse purchase! Under the seat on the left side of the fender pan is the model # of the tractor. If it's readable, post the # here and we can tell you what year it is.

As far as the cab goes - the manufacturer of your cab is Original Tractor Cab (www.originalcab.com). On the back window of the cab should be the model number of your cab. You might be able to call them and get replacement vinyl pieces however I highly doubt they can help you. I believe all they will be willing to do is make you a whole new cab but it's worth a shot.

Post up some more pictures of our new Wheel Horse too!

Operator

If the cab just needs sewing a few rips take the panel off this spring and bring it into a canvas shop they can repair it, boat cover type repair place. Also on your axle question, look at the front axle, does it "sweep" forward? or is it straight across? The looks of the rust under the seat I bet your ID decal is long gone.

littleredrider

I'd say at least 91, has Toro on the hood.

buckrancher

1990 and newer

1990 was the first year the hydro lever is on the steering column

MalMac

Your cab is a 10280 this is the Original Cab Co. number for the cab. It is the only cab they make anymore for the Wheel Horse. The Toro Wheel Horse part number for the cab is 79978. They mainly go by their number. Their phone number is 765-663-2214. Call them and tell them what you need. You still should be able to get panels.

Forest Road

Welcome. I'm in Bergen County as well. The Sharp Shop in Midland Park Is an authorized Toro dealer. They can get just about anything. If you're nearby I may be able to lend a hand.