Sign in to follow this  
Wheel-N-It

Road trip to bring home a 416 not successful.

chesbaycruiser

I think you can call something a good deal if the buyer and seller can both walk away feeling good about the transaction. Sounds like you weren't feelin' it, so it doesn't really matter about the price. You did the right thing!

wheelhorse656

Idk much about 300 400 500 sieres tractors but IMO The k sieres modle engines are better than Magnums.... I would choose on of the k sieres any day of the week over a magnum. I think the magnums are good engines dont get me wrong.

can whlvr

in regaurds to a k over a magnum,as i stated earlier,they are basically the same engine,they use the exact rebuild parts,pistons,rings,rods,even the gasket set other than the points box,the magnum has the different mounted starter,plastic fan on the flywheel and as tt once said that if you break a fin,just bolt on a new fan,dont need a new flywheel,and the ignition is different,the magnum uses a module that replaces the coil and points,so in my opinion its a little easier to own,but i have 2 k,s and have never had problems with the spark,so i would buy either motor and not look back for a second

wheelhorse656

in regaurds to a k over a magnum,as i stated earlier,they are basically the same engine,they use the exact rebuild parts,pistons,rings,rods,even the gasket set other than the points box,the magnum has the different mounted starter,plastic fan on the flywheel and as tt once said that if you break a fin,just bolt on a new fan,dont need a new flywheel,and the ignition is different,the magnum uses a module that replaces the coil and points,so in my opinion its a little easier to own,but i have 2 k,s and have never had problems with the spark,so i would buy either motor and not look back for a second

I must be oldfashiond because I dont care to much for breakerless ingnition systems..... we had to replace the coil on our lawn mower 2 in 8 years and its a kohler command 20... and they were OEM coils too.