Tim

tri ribbed tires

bowtiebutler956

I got them from the same place I got my tri ribs from, tucker tire on :techie-ebay: they are 23x8.50-12 and cost $103 a pair plus $20 shipping. Having the tri ribs on the front makes it steer so much easier, its a noticable difference plus gives it that really nice real tractor look. :text-lol:

bowtieguy

Broke down and ordered a pair of tri-rib ....but assumed they were tubeless tires!...stamped on side of tire "TUBE TIRES"...and yep, we all know what ASSUMED means!

Has anyone mounted these tires without tubes?

Rooster

Broke down and ordered a pair of tri-rib ....but assumed they were tubeless tires!...stamped on side of tire "TUBE TIRES"...and yep, we all know what ASSUMED means!

Has anyone mounted these tires without tubes?

Which ones did you get?

bowtieguy

I think I got the same tires that you got??...deestone 400 X 8.....price was right for a pair (unless I have to buy tubes). :huhs:

bowtiebutler956

Say Bowtie, until you said that I assumed mine were tubeless, so I went and looked at my B-80 and sure enough mine say tube type, but when I got them I did'nt pay any attention, I just mounted them. So far so good, although I did put some tire slime in one of them a couple days ago because it was going low and I did'nt feel like dismounting the tire, it stopped the leak. On most tubeless tires I have mounted the bead of the tire goes onto the wheel easily without having to really air the tire up to make it seat, but these were just like a tubeless, I had to air them up to 20 or 30psi before the bead seated. They have been on my horse for a month now and I did'nt even know they were tubeless, so I say go for it, mine dont seem to need them. Why should yours? Bowtie to Bowtie

• Like 1

Tim

thanks for the information

I think i'll give them a shot

Kelly

I ordered my 4.80x8 deestones from Miller tire I think it was around $70 with shipping and they came with tubes, so I used them.

Tim

Broke down and finally bought the tires

ebay $55 delivered, then another $16 at TSC for tubes

post-2536-0-60771300-1333839736_thumb.jp

rustykan

Say Bowtie, until you said that I assumed mine were tubeless, so I went and looked at my B-80 and sure enough mine say tube type, but when I got them I did'nt pay any attention, I just mounted them. So far so good, although I did put some tire slime in one of them a couple days ago because it was going low and I did'nt feel like dismounting the tire, it stopped the leak. On most tubeless tires I have mounted the bead of the tire goes onto the wheel easily without having to really air the tire up to make it seat, but these were just like a tubeless, I had to air them up to 20 or 30psi before the bead seated. They have been on my horse for a month now and I did'nt even know they were tubeless, so I say go for it, mine dont seem to need them. Why should yours? Bowtie to Bowtie

Just found this post and was wondering what the final result of using the tube tires with no tubes? I have the same problem and was wondering what to do.

Tim

i went with tubes because the rims are old and i thought i would have issues with slow leaks. for $15 bucks I wasn't going to deal with the potential issue

• Like 3