Sign in to follow this  
Ishman

Adj. deck/blade height for 702

Ishman

Hey Horsemen, I have a 702 that I would like to install a deck height adjuster on. I bought an adjuster bracket off a C-120, it looked similar to the existing casting (same two attachment boltholes) it looked like it would work, but it doesn't fit with the existing deck lever. Has anyone done this retrofit before? Are these adjusting brackets used on multiple models?

Thanks, Keith

Rollerman

Wheel Horse didn't go with the later style height adjuster like you robbed off the C120 till 1963, so you just missed the mark with your 702.

The left lever & rockshaft were also updated in 63 too.

It's been a while since I've looked at a 702, but if your newer part will work, you will need to swap out your older style lift lever & rock shaft.

The lift lever & rock shaft off the C120 should work if they are available too?

Ishman

Thats what I was wondering. If I were to swap lift levers too, would I have a functioning unit? All the mounting holes seem to be in the same place.

ish.

Rollerman

Should be all set, but be warned....getting that 62 era rock shaft out will make you say & think terrible things towards your tractor. :hide:

Matt71

Hey keith did your seat arrive on time? Hope so, dont forget to post some pics.

Ishman

Got it yesterday Matt, again thank you very much for your generosity and going out of your way to get that seat out to me. I was hoping to get a coat of primer on it this weekend but winter finally showed up here in southeastern Michigan today, very cold out there. Here is my 702 that I recently bought. The guys razzed me on the yellow wheels last time I posted a pic, I am working on those, I promise.

Matt71

Nice little tractor you got there, Gotta love the old round hoods!!! I will be the last person to bust your chops about the rims!!!!!

post-4727-0-48194100-1329029975_thumb.jp