Sign in to follow this  
Kingwood990

John Deere 214, dads new project

Kingwood990

Today my dad and I went and looked at a 214 that was for sale locally. The price was right so we jumped on it. It needs a new grill, head light, and tail light but other than that every thing is all there.

Any how here is the pictures.

9ji22x.jpg

spf5zn.jpg

2mow5rq.jpg

Rollerman

Matt you sure are getting a mixed collection.

Hope the seller didn't charge extra for air in the tires.

Kingwood990

Matt you sure are getting a mixed collection.

Hope the seller didn't charge extra for air in the tires.

I sure am getting a mixed collection. I think one tire holds air on this thing. I just hope the other 3 hold long enough for us to get it on the trailer.

T-Mo

Matt,

You can go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com to get more info and to ask questions on that 214. The 200 series included the 200, 208, 210, 212, 214 and 216 and all had Kohler engines, Peerless transmissions with variator drive (except the 208), and share the same sheet metal, frame and attachments. The 200 series were similar in lot of aspects to Wheel Horses in the horizontal engine and mechanical pto set up. They were made from 1975 to 1987 and replaced the old 110/112 series.

Kingwood990

Matt,

You can go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com to get more info and to ask questions on that 214. The 200 series included the 200, 208, 210, 212, 214 and 216 and all had Kohler engines, Peerless transmissions with variator drive (except the 208), and share the same sheet metal, frame and attachments. The 200 series were similar in lot of aspects to Wheel Horses in the horizontal engine and mechanical pto set up. They were made from 1975 to 1987 and replaced the old 110/112 series.

Thanks for the info. I will check out WFM when I get this thing home. I will do some serial number research on it to come up with the year.

There is a guy near here that has a 200, 208, 210, and a 212 in his yard. Each one of them is to far gone to save sadly.

T-Mo

You can get the year and other info by going here: http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/registry/ and doing a registry look up.

hm12460

Matt, I just got a 212 that I will be parting out, if you need anything. The grille is already gone.

Kingwood990

You can get the year and other info by going here: http://www.weekendfr...s.com/registry/ and doing a registry look up.

Thanks for the link Terry. I will have to do that when I get the tractor here at the house.

Kingwood990

Matt, I just got a 212 that I will be parting out, if you need anything. The grille is already gone.

Thanks, I know for a fact I need a tail light if you have one. It will be a while before we have some money for parts though.

T-Mo

Keep in mind that a lot of the parts are still available from Deere and in a lot of cases their price is cheaper than what you see on ebay.

Kingwood990

Keep in mind that a lot of the parts are still available from Deere and in a lot of cases their price is cheaper than what you see on ebay.

This is true. I try to stay off of ebay as much as posible any how. I like how my local dealer has just about every thing I need and how it only takes a few days if they have to order it. Also my dealer knows me by name because I have been going there since I was a little kid.