Sign in to follow this  
Kingwood990

A few of my non WH tractors

Kingwood990

Today I did some rearranging in the shop to make room for a new to my dad old green and yellow tractor that will be showing up in a few weeks. So while I had every thing that had tires out I snapped some pictures. From left to right.

Homelite RM-7E, MTD 990, Toro Wheel Horse 244-H, John Deere X520. Not shown, MTD 990 (parts), IH Cub Cadet 100.

2m5y0zo.jpg

I have more pictures if any one wants to see them.

Sparky

The MTD is cool. Must of been made back when MTD built a rugged machine, unlike now.

Any more pics of that one?

Mike........

jay in nc

cool pics matt. do you have the kingwood running & ready to plow? :chores-mowlawn: jay

Kingwood990

The MTD is cool. Must of been made back when MTD built a rugged machine, unlike now.

Any more pics of that one?

Mike........

Here you go Mike.

20kradd.jpg

femn15.jpg

9t1saw.jpg

And the parts tractor.

34xeutx.jpg

chris hall

nice fleet.

Kingwood990

cool pics matt. do you have the kingwood running & ready to plow? :chores-mowlawn: jay

Thanks Jay. The ole Kingwood should be running by this time tomorrow. I finally got the parts I needed to finish the engine swap this week. All I need to do know is finish the wiring and steal the battery out of the truck. I should have a video of it running by the end of the weekend.

PS the sleeve hitch adapter still needs to be built so it will be a little longer till she will turn the dirt.

nice fleet.

Thanks Chris.

Sparky

Thanks for the MTD 990 pics. So whats are the specs on it? What motor? Manual or auto tranny? I dont see an attachment lift lever so is it hydraulic lift? Are the rear wheels 15"?

Mike.........

Kingwood990

Thanks for the MTD 990 pics. So whats are the specs on it? What motor? Manual or auto tranny? I dont see an attachment lift lever so is it hydraulic lift? Are the rear wheels 15"?

Mike.........

The engine is a 14, 15, or 16 horse Briggs depending on year. It has a 2 speed hydro rear (Peerless 2503 with the eaton M11 pump, also has a limited slip diff). It has hydraulic lift that can pick up 500lbs safely and the rear wheels are the same as the GT14 WH so yes they are 15''. Is there anything else you want to know?

Sparky

Thanks! That outa do it. Its a good looking machine, I wouldnt mind finding one for sale locally.

Mike..........

Kingwood990

Thanks! That outa do it. Its a good looking machine, I wouldnt mind finding one for sale locally.

Mike..........

Any time Mike. If you find one for sale let me know and I will guide you through what to look for on these machines.

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:

Kingwood990

:text-coolphotos:

Thanks Craig.

Wheel-N-It

Matt, what engine is in the JD? What size is the mowing deck?

Get that Kingwood running so I can come over and cut some grass with it:)

Jake Kuhn

Very nice collection,yeah mtd used to build some pretty good machines, I have a yardman that was built by mtd but it is a different style but it says in the manual it weighs almost 1000 pounds,Jake

VinsRJ

Very nice collecion! Thanks for the pics.

Kingwood990

Matt, what engine is in the JD? What size is the mowing deck?

Get that Kingwood running so I can come over and cut some grass with it:)

The Deere has the 26hp liquid cooled Kawasaki with the 54'' mowing deck. I would say mow all you want with the Kingwood but the new engine doesn't have room for the PTO pulley. I might be able to rig something up though.

Very nice collection,yeah mtd used to build some pretty good machines, I have a yardman that was built by mtd but it is a different style but it says in the manual it weighs almost 1000 pounds,Jake

Yes Jake these old MTDs are great machines. These tractors are heavy. Mine weights 1100lbs dry.

Very nice collecion! Thanks for the pics.

Thanks Vin.

Rollerman

Those MTD 990's sound like tuff GT's

I've never come across one yet.

They were sold under several different names right?...ie Western Auto, Dayton, Farm King, etc, etc?

Kingwood990

Those MTD 990's sound like tuff GT's

I've never come across one yet.

They were sold under several different names right?...ie Western Auto, Dayton, Farm King, etc, etc?

You got it Stephen. They were sold under many different names. Farm King would be the most common in you area.

These are tough machines. Mine has been rolled over once. And no it wasn't me that done it.