new choke and throttle cables.

KC9KAS

Use a small roll pin to "pin" it.

dadstractor1

i think jb weld pin and pray dadstroctor :laughing-rofl:

earlleecliffton

new ones i bought were junk also

DMK855

I really hate to revive an old thread, but has anyone had any luck with the TORO cables?? I don't mind spending the money as long as they are not Junk cables with TORO tags and price!! My 1055 cables have seen better days and I don't want to replace them with junk!!

Martin

the ones i got off ebay have held up fine. still, i dont use the tractor everyday. from what everyone else is saying they are junk, i guess i was just lucky on these. would i buy another set and take a chance again? probably. would i recommend them? i dont think ive had enough of them to form an accurate assessment of the throttle knob situation. so probably not. sorry im not really much help.......

there has been some discussion lately in another thread on the same subject. it was started by jake kuhn.....

and im sure if you search a little on here, theres a bunch of opinions and experiences concerning them.......

Torino

I have been through 2 on my '69 and got fed up and install some newer model lever type. I like the look of the pull throttle better. If you are going to stick with the pulls I would not bother getting an after market one they are junk. If I restore it I am going to see if I can get a pull throttle that does not twist. I am sure there are plenty around. A lot of push mowers, tillers and such use to have them.