Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

any suggestions Work Horse gt1100

COMMANDO1

the more it look at it is groing on me....looking at the carb i believe the float is stuck thats it. just may do that rollerman.

• Like 1

can whlvr

with a kohler she would be awsome,the rest looks to be in fair shape,do those machines have the 1inch or 1 1/8 axles,just curious

Sparky

do those machines have the 1inch or 1 1/8 axles,just curious

The GT-1000 and GT-1600 both have 1" axles. As long as your not building a competition pulling machine they are fine.

Mike.........

can whlvr

i agree,my 308 has had by far the most use and abuse of all my tractors,and its my go to tractor,i also like how it plows,with the smalle rtires it seems to get better bite

COMMANDO1

IF I DECIDE TO KEEP THIS OL GIRL I WILL BE NEEDING PARTS, WHICH WH'S HAVE THE SAME BODY PARTS?

TT

If by "body parts" you mean sheetmetal, the only exact matches are from the '82 to '84 WorkHorse GT models. The 300/400 series parts are similar and most will interchange, but there are subtle differences that most people don't notice.

The drivetrain/chassis is more similar to the C-111 / 1100 Special / GT-2500 / SB-421 models, but most of the 310/312 parts will also interchange.

COMMANDO1

LIKE THE HOOD MIGHT WANT TO GET A NEW 1 INSTEAD OF BEATING OUT SHEET MEATAL, DEPENDING ON COST.

COMMANDO1

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MANUALS FOR THE TRACTOR...MOTOR..CARB...TRACTOR...REAR END, ANYTHING WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED (WOW I THINK I SPELLED THAT RIGHT)

TT

Look for links to manuals websites here: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php/topic/137-wheel-horse-links/

Before I bought OEM Briggs & Stratton manuals, I used to borrow them from the local public library.

kadetklapp

You're in my shoes, lol, only you got way more lucky than i did! I bought mine (GT1300) in August for $100 USD but it came with only a deck. And the motor is shot...and it needs tires....and a new front axle.....LOL.

COMMANDO1

WILL RUN ON STARTING FLUID, CARB KIT WILL BE HERE THURSDAY. SHOULD BE RUNNING THIS WEEKEND.

oldredrider

Kinda late jumping in on this, but a GT-1142 was the first Wheel Horse I owned. Was terribly abused by the PO but is still a great tractor. It's solid construction and power impressed me enough to get me hooked (addicted!). Everything I've done with this tractor (mowing, snow and dirt plowing, hauling etc.) has been done with ease. Don't ever let anyone try and convince you the 4 pinion transaxle and 1" axles are "weak". It holds its own against my C-160 and my C-141. The Briggs carb seems to be the weak point, but rebuild kits are available as are replacement carbs. Good luck with it and have fun!

COMMANDO1

Thanks for the help guys...got the carb rebuilt and she is a week engine...too many projects going on right now so im parting her out. Anyone needing anything let me know, not trying to get rich so let me know.

COMMANDO1

So what am i missing, are these tractors worth something? sold the carb for $75... listed the blade and deck on cl. for $175 each . A guy called me last night and offered me $500.00 for eveything else, coming over tonight to pick up.

TT

So what am i missing, are these tractors worth something? .......... A guy called me last night and offered me $500.00 for eveything else, coming over tonight to pick up.

You've heard the old saying - "a fool and his money are soon parted"? Tell him you also know where there's a running / working GT-1848 he can buy for $1000 :eusa-whistle:

COMMANDO1

Now i will have wh shopping money......