Sign in to follow this  
Kingwood990

Homelite RM-7E restoration

Kingwood990

I picked up this neat little tractor about a month ago. My moma claimed it as hers the day I got it. About a week ago she talked me into helping her restore it. This will be a long and on going thread so please bear with me.

Any how here are some pictures. These are the before pictures of the tractor. It will be a while before we get to the tear down on it.

2gwxhk8.jpg

512dtk.jpg

abh4c3.jpg

1zyu810.jpg

24qoj5u.jpg

I next started tearing the deck down for sanding and repainting.

Before.

2qdspqq.jpg

Half way done.

ip6sls.jpg

The spindle assembly was still tight and smooth. I will be reusing it. Also the belts are like new on this tractor.

The top side of the deck is very solid and clean. This tractor had a very good life.

1zn7vye.jpg

The underside.

21od82o.jpg

Kingwood990

Today moma and I started sanding down some parts for repainting.

We started sanding and prepping the discharge chute and the underside deck brace.

Before.

102uxsg.jpg

After.

29e57bc.jpg

The deck brace. I did not get any before pictures.

4tvdeb.jpg

Sparky

Nice project. You dont see to many Homelite machines.

Mike........

AMC RULES

Yeah, with a round deck too, wonder what year that is? :scratchead:

jay in nc

what a cool little tractor, you have a way of finding oddballs,or do they find you! :ychain: any way nice tractor matt. jay

Kingwood990

Thanks for the comments every one.

Craig the Homelites were built from 1971-1973. This one is a 1971.

Mike this was the first Homelite I have seen around here so I had to have it. Also the price could not be beat.

Jay I do believe that most of them find me. This one did not find me though. The guy I got my Sears from traded me this, a dynamark (which I gave to my friend Jon) and a tiller for that S-10 I had. I think I done well in the trade.

Kingwood990

Today's update. We did a little priming on the underside deck brace, deflector chute and the rear guide wheel bracket.

The primer is Rustoleum black rust converter primer. We will be wet sanding the primer as soon as we get every thing primed at once. We only have so much room to prime parts so we have to do it a few piece's at the time. This way, when we go to paint every thing they will be the same shade.

On with the pictures.

The deck brace and guide wheel bracket.

1zp5idx.jpg

The deflector chute.

20r0njr.jpg

Ken B

Pretty neat. Are you going to have new decals made? If not, I'd be careful with the old ones.

VinsRJ

Neat tractor and cool project..... more pics please!

Kingwood990

Ken I will be removing the old decals with a heat gun if I can't find some one to re make them. This is the first RM-7E I have seen with all the decals. Most of them have been repainted so the decals have been lost.

Vin I will have more pictures as soon as the weather changes. I can't work on this tractor in the rain. I have some more pictures of the tractor before I started working on it if you want to see them.

Kingwood990

I know its been a while since I have updated this build but the weather has finally warmed up enough so I can get some work done.

Today I finished sanding the deck lift linkages. I also primed them as well. I also wired wheeled my hand when the drill slipped. That felt real good. :angry-cussingwhite: Tomorrow I will finish priming these pieces and might start on the deck shell.

Before sanding.

10qbgoy.jpg

r2963b.jpg

2nq9u9l.jpg

Wired wheeled hand.:duh:

2arifd.jpg

After sanding.

jrd5hy.jpg

33ndzkm.jpg

20s60w5.jpg

After priming. This is all the pictures for now.

2u6h9bp.jpg

fjfa51.jpg

rl9e0j.jpg

Wheel-N-It

That gonna be a cute tractor when ya'll finish Matt. I think its cool your Mom wants her own little tractor. You are a good son to help her restore it.

Van

Kingwood990

That gonna be a cute tractor when ya'll finish Matt. I think its cool your Mom wants her own little tractor. You are a good son to help her restore it.

Van

I think its going to turn out good when we finish. I told her it was hers because its to small for anything I do. Plus she kind of claimed it the moment she saw it.

Kingwood990

Today I wired wheeled the underside of the deck. The deck is very solid with just surface rust. The wire wheel made easy work of it. I still need to sand it before it gets primed. I might let moma do the sanding, so she doesn't feel left out.

Here is the pictures.

34t63i1.jpg

35hfcwn.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Good Work!! Definately Don't let your mom feel left out. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Kingwood990

Good Work!! Definately Don't let your mom feel left out. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

I kind of got carried away and primed that section of deck. She was surprised how much work I have gotten done on it. I did leave her the top side to do though.