Sign in to follow this  
Raider10

tidy bench?

Stigian

Glad it's not just me that suffers from MBS (Messy bench syndrome), I have 3 benches plus the big one my project on.. All are a total mess and when they get tidied they only stay that way for a couple of hours max!!

Photo's of the horror to come later when I head out to the shack.

Raider10

:banana-tux:Here it is before a bit of a tidy. Took a panoramic view. Even my Classic mini in the back ground under the sheet is used as a benchy shelfy type thing :deadhorse:

post-6158-0-46747900-1328379946.jpg

Stigian

Have some bench horror photo's...

P2041564.jpg

P2041567.jpg

P2041568.jpg

This one has been in need of a tidy up for a year or so.... But as it rarely gets used.......

P2041566.jpg

Raider10

:banana-rock: Makes you feel better when you see someone elses attempts at tidyness.

Makes you wonder just what its like in our houses. Best not go there!! :greetings-wavegreen:

Stigian

The house is nice and tidy, but I know where everything is in the Shack..... But not in the house!! :)

Raider10

:ychain: Don't know where anything is now after bit of a tidy. Found the way out though. Got too cold. fire went out! Brrrrrr! time to go in.

Hope my paint dries! :)

By the way is that a tv on the tool box so you can keep tabs on corrie/ emmerdale etc?

meadowfield

My bench is getting more cluttered !

It now has a PC, shame I can't feel my fingers ! :confusion-confused:

Stigian

By the way is that a tv on the tool box so you can keep tabs on corrie/ emmerdale etc?

Me!! Watch the soaps!!!! Go and wash your mouth out with detol and a wire brush!! :D

The screen on my laptop died quite a while a go, that's the monitor I plug into it to see what's going on..

My bench is getting more cluttered !

It now has a PC, shame I can't feel my fingers ! :confusion-confused:

That's where a big mug of coffee comes in handy :D

meadowfield

I feel I've made it in life now ! red square in the workshop... kettle sounds like a good idea... now where did we store that spare bed :)

Raider10

Just checking. I'm a soap dodger too!

meadowfield

different kind of soap... does that count? :laughing-rofl:

Stigian

I feel I've made it in life now ! red square in the workshop... kettle sounds like a good idea... now where did we store that spare bed :)

Lol, yep you've made it to the high life now Mark :D I'm not sure about the spare bed, but a kettle is a must :handgestures-thumbup:

That's where a pair of headphones and some good music come in :handgestures-thumbup:

wh1257

here my bench in the winter

023-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

Raider10

Nice collection you have there. :bow-blue:

Quite a bit of floor space left there to spread out into though. Have tidied mine up a bit since. Still cant move though. :banana-tux:

wheeledhorseman

Mighty fine stable for WHs you have there. :handgestures-thumbup: Nice stove too, mine are still campaigning for one. I didn't get round to sorting out a log burner in time for this winter but it's a must for next year as I have to rely on a propane space heater that simply eats its way though gas when I have to use it.

Raider 10 wrote:

Took a panoramic view. Even my Classic mini in the back ground under the sheet is used as a benchy shelfy type thing :deadhorse:

Hmm, theres one of those in my workshop too but I've found things are less likely to slip off if you don't bother with a dust cover and as you then have access to the doors you can use the inside of the car as a kind of storage cupboard as well. So it really doesn't too waste much workshop space.

wb1.jpg

While I had the camera at that end I took the opportunity to provide further evidence of what the workshop gremlins get up to.

wb2.jpg

I tidied this just a couple of weeks ago to charge up a load of batteries but turn your back for a few days and there's no work surface left. :angry-banghead:

Perhaps we should agree on holding a national WH workshop tidy up day.

Andy

can whlvr

that work bench looks fairly normal to me,i find the more vertical space i have the more scattered every thing gets,i just took down 2 benches and put up steel shelving to gather more stuff,but at least its all in one spot

IMG_0521.jpg

Raider10

:woohoo: Wow! seeing all your untidy workshops has made me feel much better now. Gonna go out an scatter more stuff about

now so i don't feel left out. :banana-dreads::banana-blonde::banana-guitar: :banana-rock:

Raider10

:omg: By the way, this is meadowfields brand new workshop! Not even finished yet! Now i definately feel better. :ROTF:post-6158-0-30840500-1328646050.jpg

meadowfield

that picture was heavily photoshopped !

my garage is a pristine working environment, where you could each dinner off the bench ! :dance:

IMG-20120216-00205.jpg

neil

You guys should think yourselves lucky to have work benches :ROTF: i have to manage doing my repairs out in the cold and on the gravel driveway , and if i drop a nut or screw anywhere on the gravel it takes me a week too find it again . So one day i really hope that i can have a messy workshops like you all have , besides, she who must be obeyed wants her greenhouse back for the spring and the ducks want their compound back. :ROTF:

Norlett

:confusion-confused: dont let meadowfield kid you about his tidy bench.You cant see to the right of photo.

It'll be like my shed or garage.a sxxt tip.It shows he cant be doing much work on these horses if it is that tidy.

And any way where was the ....Tea mugs....Coffee pots...Or most of all the ...Beer Cans..(Or yorkshire Puds)

Wait while we bring down some oily wheel horse bits we'll mess it up.. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Lars

Some Pict of my workshop still"clean" Missing and get the rest of the tool in there .. And some more equipment

IMAG0364.jpgIMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0456.jpgIMAG0455.jpg

Anglo Traction

i have to manage doing my repairs out in the cold and on the gravel driveway , and if i drop a nut or screw anywhere on the gravel it takes me a week too find it again .

Neil, You need to get a Metal Detector !...............and a Shed

Operator

A clean bench is the sign of an idle mind!

Anglo Traction

Some Pict of my workshop still"clean" Missing and get the rest of the tool in there .. And some more equipment

Well Lars , I reckon your Workshop is the same size as my House! (1 of them)......................I'm sure you'll have space for your RJ when it arrives.