Sign in to follow this  
Raider10

tidy bench?

Lars

Some Pict of my workshop still"clean" Missing and get the rest of the tool in there .. And some more equipment

Well Lars , I reckon your Workshop is the same size as my House! (1 of them)......................I'm sure you'll have space for your RJ when it arrives.

My new workshop is 65sm so ill think i have good space for an Suburban..Hoping to get it here at april/may... and i also have an other shed which is 50 sm.. the shed i use to store the boat and winterwood in and some implement.

neil

Lars yoor workshop is too clean it looks like an operating theatre in a hospital

Lars

Lars yoor workshop is too clean it looks like an operating theatre in a hospital

LOL its going to be dirty be sure:)

bowtiebutler956

I have alot in common with alot of you here, my shop is messy, thats why all the pictures I have posted of my horse are outside, because I was to ashamed to take any pictures inside. :omg: I will post some pics tomorrow and show you guys the real me. :text-lol:

Martin

well since some of us are coming clean and showing the mess that we try to hide, or just ignore and work around, frustrated or not..... heres some of mine. no staging, just walked out there and snapped a few.

planning on tidying up this weekend if i can find time.........yeah right. :ROTF:

5f8f84d6.jpg

6b8b312c.jpg

1409d49a.jpg

f3c007b6.jpg

f918c71e.jpg

wheeledhorseman

I love the rug Martin - now that's what I call real class in a workshop! :thumbs:

About his photos Lars wrote

Some Pict of my workshop still"clean" Missing and get the rest of the tool in there .. And some more equipment

What he didn't reveal was the detail of his plan for this.

Well a bit of industrial espionage has uncovered the tools and equipment he's orderedl.

optheatre.jpg

- You were right Neil! :ychain:

Andy

Martin

I love the rug Martin - now that's what I call real class in a workshop! :thumbs:

that rug, and the large carpet square were on their way to the garbage, so i gave them some use. makes working on stuff a little nicer than concrete.

specialwheelhorse

Thats the only way to keep the floor nice. I've got my whole shop floor

covered like that. I run the alleys here looking for nice rugs peaple

just throw away for no reason at all. Then you buy your wife a new

carpet sweeper. Stay in good with her and the old cleaner works well in the shop

But I do grit my teeth when I pick up the stray nut or cotter pin or whatever.

Sure better than cold concrete on the floor.

I paint and weld in the alley behind the shop. JIM In Balmy Texas

Lars

About his photos Lars wrote

What he didn't reveal was the detail of his plan for this.

Well a bit of industrial espionage has uncovered the tools and equipment he's orderedl.

optheatre.jpg

- You were right Neil! :ychain:

Andy

Hey i just want the suburban to come to a clean place......

bowtiebutler956

Well since well are all being so honest, I thought I would show you guys the disaster I call "my shop". :jaw: This should prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that I can be a slob with the best of them! Even my horse is filthy in these pics, and yes, that is real dog poop on the front tire in the 4th pic down. :text-lol:

I will be cleaning very very soon :hide: really.

post-6076-0-35837600-1329605444.jpg

post-6076-0-20209400-1329605468.jpg

post-6076-0-98960100-1329605522.jpg

post-6076-0-39619700-1329605549.jpg

post-6076-0-49896800-1329605602.jpg

meadowfield

Love it !

that's a proper workshop...

meadowfield

:confusion-confused: dont let meadowfield kid you about his tidy bench.You cant see to the right of photo.

It'll be like my shed or garage.a sxxt tip.It shows he cant be doing much work on these horses if it is that tidy.

And any way where was the ....Tea mugs....Coffee pots...Or most of all the ...Beer Cans..(Or yorkshire Puds)

Wait while we bring down some oily wheel horse bits we'll mess it up.. :happy-jumpeveryone:

What about to the left? I know I said you could eat dinner off it... well I needed some food for thought whilst assembling the new rectifier PCB.

IMG-20120219-00260.jpg

steak and kidney pud! yum.... :text-lol:

Raider10

:woohoo: You fat nosher. Good job you made the door extra wide so you can fit through. Have you left room for a microwave and deep fat fryer? And wot about a beer cooler. Hmmm now theres an idea! :banana-tux:

Steve B.

So I figured that while I was snapping some shots of my cab, I should bare my soul on the messy bench thread.

The "shop": 14'x16' shed that I moved into when we moved last. At the old house I had a 24'x36' garage, it was like trying to cram a gallon of schyte into a quart jar!

post-4894-0-48883000-1331259679_thumb.jp

Inside... the carnage! The drawers really help hide stuff, I highly recommend them.

post-4894-0-37823100-1331259777_thumb.jppost-4894-0-36181700-1331259816_thumb.jp

Of course my Wheel Horse has "pride of place" although it does tend to occupy most of the building.

post-4894-0-58165200-1331259880_thumb.jp

And lastly, my faithful assistant and the rest of the yard... the boss has placed a moritorium on any further buildings so I'm planning an extension to the back of the shop.

post-4894-0-18167900-1331259992_thumb.jppost-4894-0-87004600-1331260131_thumb.jp

The canvas sheds house the dune buggies, motorcycles and major project components.

whfan74

Well after reading through all of this I don't see anything wrong with your work shops. They all look too clean for me.

I am ashamed to show our shop right now........we require all visitors to have their shots first. Steel toe boots are a definite bonus. Might build up enough courage to show the mess.

COMMANDO1

Im curious, how do those canvas sheds hold up.....expec. in the wind. thought about buying 1

Steve B.

The canvas has done a lot better than I expected. Our yard is well sheltered by trees so they don't see a lot of high winds.

I can speak to snow loads though, they will stand a foot of snow on the tops. I always make sure to knock any snowfall off of them though. A friend of mine had one collapse on his and his wife's motorcycles causing about $3000 damage to them.

The small one (about 10' square) is about 9yrs old and starting to show signs of wear. This is the large ones (10' x 20') second winter.

All in all, they are an inexpensive cover for some of our outdoor toys, although the boss absolutely hates having them in "her" yard.