Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

The snow fleet

Ken B

This is my ever evolving snow fleet. I could have used these tractors last yr. when we were getting big storms every week. It looks as though I scared the snow away! One serious storm of at least a foot and a half would be nice!

The video is of my 58 Economy. I still have to pull the carb and rebuild it but it don't run too bad. She's a worker.

IMG_0099.jpg

stevebo

Looking good Ken !! I would not restore the 1614 (69) as it looks pretty clean from here. When is is gonna snow?? I used the suburban to plow the last storm.

Ken B

I agree, I'm going to leave the 1614 as it is. At some point I'd like to add some hood decals to it. As the work tractor it will be nice not having to worry about the paint getting scuffed up.

Jake Kuhn

Nice fleet you have! :handgestures-thumbup:

AMC RULES

Nice working fleet you have there Ken. :thumbs:

WheelHorseSteve

Very sweet, Ken! You could have certainly used that loader last year... we got ~56" of snow last January! (and only ~6" this January) Go figure!

Ken B

I couldn't stand the blue paint anymore! This tractor was painted with a brush in its past. I saw no reason to strip this tractor all the way down to paint it. I wouldn't normally paint a tractor with a roller and brush but this one got the paint brush and roller special! All I really wanted it to do is look decent when the neighbors drive by. My wife said it was an eyesore and my oldest son said it looked like butt! I think it was even worse than they did. It a good from far and far from good kinda deal.

IMG_0109.jpg

zieg72

I like it

Sparky

Whats the story on the hood? It's not original is it? Kinda has a Gilson/Montgomery Ward look to it.

Mike.......

stevebo

:thumbs: Much better Ken!

AMC RULES

I'm digging it too Ken. :handgestures-thumbup:

Ken B

Whats the story on the hood? It's not original is it? Kinda has a Gilson/Montgomery Ward look to it.

Mike.......

The tractor had no hood on it when I bought it. I was walking thru a local tractor boneyard and I saw this hood and I immediately knew it would work. No mods to the hood at all. i welded a few brackets on with a few hinges and called it a day. You are correct, Montgomery Wards.

stevebo

What local "bone yard"?? :ychain:

fireman

I second that! What local bone yard?

grnlark

I triple that! What local boneyard?

Of course I know the three of you will huddle like squirrels with nuts before you'll tell me. :eusa-whistle:

Great looking machines Ken!

stevebo

Tight lips on Ken..... :eusa-think: :angry-nono:

6wheeler

That is beautiful 100 yard paint job you got there :ychain: . From here, looking out my window it is JUST FABULOUS :) . It is a worker, NOT a beauty queen. That is why my Bobcat 721 is still sporting its beautiful (And I do mean beautiful) Purple with one white arm and one purple w/white specs(where the paint came off) And 1 white and 1 yellow hyd. cyls. on the bucket. Along with 1 white, 1 black and 2 orange rims. The rest of the machine is a sort of dark burgundy (Minnesota State Curb and Gutter color). But for $800.00, I don't care. Oh yeah, for snow removal? It sports a rust and sort of red and black snow plow that Randy (Operator) hooked me up with. The colors match perfectly (when it is sitting in the shed where no-one can see it). I usually plow at nite, for some reason, the Cat likes it that way :eusa-think: . Nice fleet..... Pat

Ken B

Tight lips on Ken..... :eusa-think::angry-nono:

Loose lips sinks ships... :ychain: