Sign in to follow this  
perry

bought another horse

perry

as some of you remember i saved a raider 10 from the dumpster over the summer. it got pretty beat up from the bobcat forks so i turned it into a parts tractor.

well thursday night i listed the parts raider tractor & the tecumseh 10hp engine on ebay. i got up around 4am on friday and started surfing the web. i found this raider 10 with plow on craigslist for $60 :D . he posted his listing at 2am. i ended my auctions right away.{just in case} and waited impaitently for a responce. i have missed a few others in the past and figured he would'nt respond. everybody knows you have to be fast on craigslist.

well, he called me about 8am. :P a hour round trip drive and here it is :( .

he was a young college kid and said that he use it to plow snow in high school. last ran about a 2 years ago. im just going to throw my good running shelf motor on it. if all go's well ill be drive'er tomarrow.

raider10002.jpg

raider10004.jpg

raider10003.jpg

1parts007.jpg

nylyon

Good find, did it come with the plow too? I noticed that the plow in the picture has a long bar on it, is that the way the older plows hooked up, or is that the bar for down pressure?

Rollerman

Karl the early long frames & short frames had a direct link between the lift handle bell crank & the plow allowing down pressure.

Any horse can still be setup this way, but tricky to get to the bell crank on the 3,4, & 500 series tractors.

By the way Perry...was that your 1267 on ebay last week?

Stephen in northern IN

perry

Good find, did it come with the plow too? I noticed that the plow in the picture has a long bar on it, is that the way the older plows hooked up, or is that the bar for down pressure?

yep the plow came with it.

that is how the older ones hook up. the 1960's did'nt have the T-bar style. and yes you can apply down pressure :D .

perry

Karl the early long frames & short frames had a direct link between the lift handle bell crank & the plow allowing down pressure.

Any horse can still be setup this way, but tricky to get to the bell crank on the 3,4, & 500 series tractors.

By the way Perry...was that your 1267 on ebay last week?

Stephen in northern IN

i had the 1067 on ebay. i wish i could keep them all, but i am out of indoor storage and hate to see a old horse left out to die. the money always helps out also :D .

http://cgi.ebay.com/wheel-horse-1067-garde...1QQcmdZViewItem

T-Mo

Perry,

Great find - and a plow also. And yes, you do have to react very fast on Craig's list. The good deals and the good freebies go quickly.

Rollerman

Perry I wish I could have bid on that 1267....I'd like an early 6 speed tractor.

Would have been a long road trip though.

Stephen in northern IN

perry

the guy that won the auction still has'nt contacted me. i get nervous after 2 days with a larger sale.

hey!, did you guys notice the bobcat claw mark on the shelf engine's blower housing. poor ol'tractor. how could anybody throw one away.

dumpster tractor:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...8&st=0#entry654

Rollerman

I can't beleive they pitched the tractor with the front & rear weights?

Even if the tractor had not een saveable.....

Stephen in northern IN....still have not found a tractor in dumpster...just a eastwing hammer & a putty knife.

kpinnc

Great find Perry! I hope it'll be a great tractor for you!

Pretty awesome how these things come up for $50-$100, you put another $50 into them, and they last another 20 years. Makes you wonder if Mr. Pond thought they'd last 50+ years!

And people wonder why I like them so much when I could go out and buy a new shiny "tractor".... :D

Just like you guys- WE KNOW WHY!