Lars

here are all the conteiner info i have got

Gate out empty SAVANNAH, GA 2012-04-02 10:29 AM Truck

Arrival in SAVANNAH, GA 2012-04-24 12:12 PM Truck

Loaded SAVANNAH, GA 2012-05-04 06:08 PM STUTTGART EXPRESS 88E13

Discharged HAMBURG 2012-05-20 12:44 AM STUTTGART EXPRESS 88E13

Loaded HAMBURG 2012-05-21 11:27 AM TEAMLINES-VESSEL TLTNNOR123

Discharged OSLO 2012-06-12 08:13 AM TINA TLTNNOR123

So the Container is finaly now in Oslo(Norway)

• Like 2

Lars

Then im on my way to pick it up...... only a 7-8 hrs of driving to get there and home

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Good for you Lars...finally...go pick it up day. Be careful and take some pictures. :) :) :norway:

neil

Enjoy your trip to collect Lars,

Looking forward to the grand unveiling ceromony

dont forget loadsa pics & maybe a vid

Enjoy

Jake Kuhn

Sounds good lars! Can't wait for the unveiling! Jake

Lars
IMAG0668.jpg

neil

i know what you will be doing at the weekend,

Meccano suddenly springs to mind

Congratulations Lars on your new arrival

its been a great story to now , amd we eagerly await the next chapter on the restoration/ rebuild

have fun

Rooster

Isn't Skype awesome. Lars called me last night and I was able to spend about 2 hours watching him unpack the crate.

• Like 6

stevasaurus

Very cool indeed. congratulations Lars. :) :)

Lars

Isn't Skype awesome. Lars called me last night and I was able to spend about 2 hours watching him unpack the crate.

yeh that was a must rooster... it was awesome .... it is ...out of words...

c161rat

Hurray!!!!!!!!! Bet you got that thing almost together by now!!!!!!! LOL

Anglo Traction

Well Done Lars :handgestures-thumbup: . Did you get an Assembly Manual with it? :techie-studyinggray: . Don't stay up too late every night ! :ychain: . :beer: Oh !, and take lots of Pics.

wheeledhorseman

Lars, congratulations on finally getting your hands on it - its been a long wait.

Looking at the photo of the crate I couldn't see a tube of glue. I used to hate that as a kid when I got a kit as a present then discovered there was no glue in the box so I couldn't get on and put it together.

Andy

meadowfield

Awesome ! assembly is just the reverse of disassembly.... Rooster - hope you did a video ! :ychain:

massey

Great story, glad you finally received your tractor. Let the fun begin. :beer:

Rooster

Awesome ! assembly is just the reverse of disassembly.... Rooster - hope you did a video ! :ychain:

:confusion-scratchheadblue: :text-imsorry:

AMC RULES

It's been quite the long gestation period...congratulations on the the birth of your new bundle of :wh: joy Lars.

Lars

Thanks All...im not sure if im going to start a new thred on the "restore" or just use this one..

i have done a littel work on it.. and i can tell u that it needs a LOT of work...

AMC RULES

Keep it going here Lars...not everyone can say they started their resto at the 195 posts mark.

Can you imagine by the time you finish it up...talk about an epic thread.

• Like 1

Rollerman

Lars great to hear that you finally got your crate Suburban after waiting patiently so long.

bowtiebutler956

Lars, I'm with craig, keep the restoration right here! This will be a thread not easily forgotten. :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

neil

I agree with the others to keep restoration details going here. Besides it will keep the history of the tractor all in once place and when its all done you can print it off and keep it all in the Suburban International Folder

How do you intend to start the restoration Lars.

Are you going to build the tractor first , get it running etc then tear down and then start the restoration?

Lars

I agree with the others to keep restoration details going here. Besides it will keep the history of the tractor all in once place and when its all done you can print it off and keep it all in the Suburban International Folder

How do you intend to start the restoration Lars.

Are you going to build the tractor first , get it running etc then tear down and then start the restoration?

ahh Thats to late neil.. have give it a good wash.. and done some work on the hood... that is "realy" bad somplaces..and E tanked some parts. the fenders and tool box is going in the E tank.

Think im going to get the frame and all the parts that going to be sandblasted, blasted and Epoxy primed before ill build it.... it is so much cleaner to work on.. Then tear it down and give it another coat of Epoxyprimer then it should be ready for some paint..

Lars

Ok Fellas..

Time to Post some pict of what i got... in the crate. This is how the crate was when ill pict it up in Halden(norway)IMAG0661.jpgIMAG0662.jpg I would say Rooster did a good job on it.. whit a lot of SCREWS in it LOL... and here is a pict of the car and trailer on the way home IMAG0664.jpg...

And finaly the crate was in the workshop IMAG0665.jpg wooooohooooooooo IMAG0666.jpg and it was easy to get in on the trailer whit the forklift.. but a lot worse to get it of... LOL but whit help from my brother we got it of..IMAG0667.jpg ok lets go.. Then it was time for me to get Rooster on the Skype..and start Unpack the crate.. Jipppykayehhh IMAG0668.jpg ohh boy lots of nice parts..IMAG0670.jpg about half done IMAG0669.jpg And finaly i got all the parts out of the crate.... and Da#¤#¤ how small those tractors are...IMAG0671.jpg

Then it was time to look over all the parts and try to figure out where all that parts are going.. then it was time to head to bed.zzzzzzzzzzz...

Next day i just clean up all the parts to get the dirt off and se the cond it is.. Got the Hood on the E tank IMAG0672.jpg after 6.5 hrs in the tank it looked like this IMAG0675.jpg took it out and washed it IMAG0676.jpgWOW IMAG0677.jpg and the other parts i clean up IMAG0674.jpgIMAG0673.jpg

Thanks for watching..

And id realy need to say Thank u To Rooster for all he did to me.. Amasing...

And To specialwheelhorse for the parts they are almost like new..

And To RacinFool for all the trannyparts.. good stuff M8

And To SmokinJoe for the steeringwheel that will work for me.

and to all the other ppl that i cant remember right now.. THANKS ALL..

Lars

• Like 1