Rooster

Suburban International!

neil

More RS members showing their true RED through!

specialwheelhorse AKA Jim from The Colony Texas has DONATED a hood stand, a RUNNING K91 and some other misc parts to the project!

Prater in Blanchard OK is opening up his home for us to meet at and get the parts!

If you are in the OKC area and have nothing to do Saturday Afternoon....come out and shoot some Horse with us!

Prosjekt Suburban Internasjonale traktorer på!

'

I am amazed at what lengths people are going too , to make this dream come true for Lars to have a suburban tractor exported to Norway . I for one know how excited i was in having my first Round hood tractor shipped from US to UK , and on the day that it arrived at the shipping depot i couldnt wait to go and pick it up , it was like all my Christmases come at once.

So im sure this must be the same feeling for Lars as these tractors are sooooooo rare here in Europe ,

This tractor will im sure mean a lot to Lars especially as how so many Kind people have had a part in its rebirth and it will probably be the only Suburban wheelhorse tractor in Norway

Rooster

Really...it is just an excuse to drive 3 hours for some Chili!

Monkalunka

ya gotta love it when a plan comes together.

gwgdog66

Really...it is just an excuse to drive 3 hours for some Chili!

I really enjoyed meeting you and your son; Jim and his wife. Prater made some good Chili too :) It was also good to see Daddy Don again :handgestures-thumbup:

stevasaurus

What a great thread guys. Helping out is what it is all about. :)

• Like 2

Rooster

And helping out is what Special Jim Did!

Will get some pics later, but he donated some really good looking parts!

I really enjoyed meeting you and your son; Jim and his wife. Prater made some good Chili too :) It was also good to see Daddy Don again :handgestures-thumbup:

It was fun for us as well!

I am amazed at what lengths people are going too , to make this dream come true for Lars to have a suburban tractor exported to Norway . I for one know how excited i was in having my first Round hood tractor shipped from US to UK , and on the day that it arrived at the shipping depot i couldnt wait to go and pick it up , it was like all my Christmases come at once.

So im sure this must be the same feeling for Lars as these tractors are sooooooo rare here in Europe ,

This tractor will im sure mean a lot to Lars especially as how so many Kind people have had a part in its rebirth and it will probably be the only Suburban wheelhorse tractor in Norway

I have had "chats" with alot of members now. To me, the people involved in this project are truly helping to share the hobby.

Often in our lives we are given the opportunity to make something happen for some one that will really bring joy into their lives, however not so often are we able to act on that opportunity.

I have been praised quite highly for this project. The truth is it is as much a pleasure for me as it is anyone else. To be afforded the opportunity to be involved is payment of it's own. I have been in the WH Hobby a short time now, but I hope this is just the first of many contributions I am able to make to it. It is one thing to be involved in the hobby, but another to contribute to the well being of the hobby. I look at it as my opportunity to do more than participate. It is as much a gift to me as it is to anyone!

Good things come to those who are involved in good things!

I live in town, most attachments are simply not something I would use. The only attachment I really wanted for my Suburban was a mid-mount blade.

If anyone has ever looked for one..they are few and far between for a Suburban. I have been looking for one since I got my Tractor!

When loading the parts for Knus's tractor from Jim's truck to mine I noticed a blade.Man it was in good shape and looked like the right one for my tractor!

When I asked Jim about it he said he already had one on his Suburban, he thought one of us might be interested in buying it......

I must say I think the price was a little off...he could've gotten more out of me! LOL

Another update. One of the hard to find parts we have been looking for is an Exhaust shield. My brother does alot of work with a local fab shop. I had a NOS exhaust shield that I gave him to take to the guy. My bro told me yesterday that he can make them and it wont be expensive at all!

So Knus will be getting a brand new Re-pop exhaust shield!

Also, all you guys that I have talked to about them that said;"Yeah, if you find any of those let ME know"....I am letting you know! LOL

• Like 1

Lars

When I read this, I get tears in my eyes :crying-pink: :crying-pink: This is just unbelievable. is touched deep in my heart. do not know how I'm going to say thank you enough to all, especially Rooster :bow-blue: :bow-blue: ...

Rooster

do not know how I'm going to say thank you enough to all, especially Rooster :bow-blue: :bow-blue: ...

Easy, enjoy restoring and Driving the tractor!

Then take pictures of it!

Lars

do not know how I'm going to say thank you enough to all, especially Rooster :bow-blue: :bow-blue: ...

Easy, enjoy restoring and Driving the tractor!

Then take pictures of it!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ofcorse i will do that,. but u know..

c161rat

When I read this, I get tears in my eyes :crying-pink: :crying-pink: This is just unbelievable. is touched deep in my heart. do not know how I'm going to say thank you enough to all, especially Rooster :bow-blue: :bow-blue: ...

I'm happy this is coming together for you lars......and jealous of your Bromance with Rooster.......LOL
  • Like 1

Rooster

Looks like the only pieces we for sure do not have now are the Belt gaurd and engine pulley.

If anybody has them or knows where we can find them ????

Lars

Looks like the only pieces we for sure do not have now are the Belt gaurd and engine pulley.

If anybody has them or knows where we can find them ????

and a steering wheel.. +++ and some more small parts.

Prater

Glad I could help out with a place for swapping the parts...it was great getting to meet some new people at the same time.

Rooster

BTW...if you think Lars is getting a "FREE" tractor...

He will still end up with more in this than most of us do when it is all said and done.

Basically, add up the costs of restoring the tractor add about 25%-40% for the taxes and extra prices they pay in Norway for everything, then tack on roughly $500 for shipping...

My Rough figures ended somewhere around $1500 or better.....

neil

$500 for shipping is cheap . it costs around $1200 to ship a complete suburban tractor to the UK Inc taxes etc

i have shipped 3 tractors now to the UK.

Im sure Lars will be delighted when he recieves his tractor as i was , besides it will probably be the only suburban tractor in Norway so i think it will be money well spent

Lars

$500 for shipping is cheap . it costs around $1200 to ship a complete suburban tractor to the UK Inc taxes etc

Im sure Lars will be delighted when he recieves his tractor as i was , besides it will probably be the only suburban tractor in Norway so i think it will be money well spent

Hey neil.

I checked several places on shippinh to Norway .. the one that people tend to use cost about $ 1100 .. but I found one company that is not too big yet, and it provides a very good service so far .. I got the price of a crate as a disassembled tractor will fit in so the price is low in shipping its aroud $ 500 + tax .. and i need to Pay 25% tax on the value of the tractor .. so it is like rooster said ... guess at when I finished it will be approximately $ 2000 for it .. + All the work mabye more.mabye less..

CRE1992

Here are the pictures of the parts Rooster picked up for Knus aka Lars.

Things012.jpg

Things013.jpg

Things014.jpg

Things015.jpg

• Like 1

Rooster

Thanks for posting those Charles.

Those are the Parts Jim from The Colony Texas donated to the project!

All of them in great Shape!

Lars

wow .. This looks really good .. had not believed it would look so good .. Thank you JIM :bow-blue:

neil

Hey neil.

I checked several places on shippinh to Norway .. the one that people tend to use cost about $ 1100 .. but I found one company that is not too big yet, and it provides a very good service so far .. I got the price of a crate as a disassembled tractor will fit in so the price is low in shipping its aroud $ 500 + tax .. and i need to Pay 25% tax on the value of the tractor .. so it is like rooster said ... guess at when I finished it will be approximately $ 2000 for it .. + All the work mabye more.mabye less..

Lars , thats a great shipping price

specialwheelhorse

Can't say for sure but I think there was an engine pulley in that

plastic can. Check it out Rooster. I hope I'm right. :eek:

JIM

Lars

Then I got hold of more parts. The steering wheel is in place thanks to Joe Harris, aka Smokin Joe ..... Rooster will establish a list this weekend on the parts we are missing.

So we find out what we are missing to the Suburban now .... hope it's getting close to completed now ...

This is starting to be really fun ... Thank you all :eusa-clap:

Lars

auch an hard uppdate.. ill need front rims to the suburban.. annyone who have it for sale??

Rooster

Up-date!

New tires have arrived, as have other small parts.

In my mess of stuff I have found new Throttle and Choke cables I threw in.

I am going to keep the hitch Special Wheel horse provided, as I could not get the one off of Lars tractor...which I had planned on keeping for mine as the one I have is a pile of rust. I figure lars can get it off and it is in just as good of shape, only needs stripped and painted. ANd you really have not had the entire experiance of restoring a Wheel Horse until you have cussed that pin! Would not want to rob Lars of that! :angry-nono:

All the rims I had that I thought were good, were not! LOL

2 rusted, 2 were wrong and 2 were bent!

Exhaust shield and belt gaurd are on the way!

Crate is mostly built...that was alot more work than I thought, lol...

This weekend Crate will be finished and Tractor mostly boxed up, with exception of parts that have not arrived.

Project Suburban International Tractors On!

AMC RULES

:pray: God speed lil' :wh: Suburban, I'm sure Lars will take good care of you. :auto-camptrailer: