Rooster

Suburban International!

dclarke

Very, Very nice Lars! :bow-blue: One of the most interesting builds on the forum..... To everyone on both shores that made this project come together, my hats off to you. This project was really something special!

• Like 1

Lars

Thank you a lot for your kind comments, it is amazing that so many people have been involved in this, I do not really know how I'll thank you enough. It is a dream that has come true, I'll go through the entire thread and find everyone who has helped and supported me with that. Without their help we (me and Rooster) had still been looking for parts ..

as soon as i get carb etc it comes a video of it

Thanks again everyone

Lars

Wheel Horse Kid

Great Job Lars! It looks awesome!!!

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Hi Lars, Any luck with finding a Carb yet?. Will be great to hear that you have it running and riding it in the Snow.

Lars

Hi Lars, Any luck with finding a Carb yet?. Will be great to hear that you have it running and riding it in the Snow.

Hey Richard

well i have got 2 more carbs to it.. one kohler #18 and one carter N #22 i tried to put on the kohler carb since that is the right one for the K91, but it wont run good whit it.. and the carb is rebuilt.. so i tok that one off and put on the #22 and it runs way much better. but it dont run the way i want it to do, but it runs now..im gona order me some more rebuild kits to the carb. And find another #18 carb for it..

I have a small video of the girls driving it around that was when the carb # 18 was on it..

th_20120926_190057.jpg

th_20120926_190301.jpg

Lars

Anglo Traction

:bow-blue: Thanks Lars !. Excellent Pics/Vids and super job on the Tractor. All of your Pics are Calender quality. Wonderful scenery :thanks:

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

It looks great Lars! :bow-blue: Was your daughter headed for a tree at the end of the second video? I notice you dropped the camera, and took off in a hurry. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

It looks great Lars! Was your daughter headed for a tree at the end of the second video? I notice you dropped the camera, and took off in a hurry. Matt :flags-texas:

I thought that as well Matt, but didn't want to mention it :hide:. Fully understandable if it was so.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

It looks great Lars! Was your daughter headed for a tree at the end of the second video? I notice you dropped the camera, and took off in a hurry. Matt :flags-texas:

I thought that as well Matt, but didn't want to mention it :hide:. Fully understandable if it was so.

Not long after I restored the 52 Bantam for my son Danny, he was riding his tractor, and he went to turn around, and accidentally throttled up, rather than down. :scared-eek: He ended up panicing, and went crashing through his mothers flower bed, and rose bushes before I could get to him to stop it. He was ok, but a little shaken up. I was very suprised that his tractor wasn't damaged at all. :woohoo: I can't say the same for my wifes Roses! :hide: I was very surprised, as he had been riding alot, and was a great driver, but one mistake was all it took for him to end up out of control.

Matt

Anglo Traction

:techie-eureka: Makes you wonder if it's worth fitting a Radio Controlled Ignition Isolator !, a simple servo switch will do it.......could be fun as well :eusa-whistle:

• Like 1

specialwheelhorse

Now this opens up a subject I ha ve not had the courage to address

but this is it ! II just did not want to be known as the old red square

grouch !

A couple months ago my great grandson (8 going on 9) talked me into letting

him drive my 857, I caved in and took him to an adjoining soccer field (empty)

and I really thought he could handle it. He has a 4 wheeler he rides all the

time, so away he goes, hadn't driven it 50 feet when his very jealous 5 year old

brother goes running by me, runs out in front of the 857 and trips and falls

in front,very close and needless to say the older boy ran over his brother

Before I could run up and kick the tractor out of gear. I will not bore you with

all the gory details but it was my fault.

I have since noticed every owners manuel I have listed under safty precautions

the 2nd thing on the list it says DO NOT LET CHILDREN OPERATE this machinery

These are very powerful little tractors NOT TOYS.

I'm going on record to say it's just a matter of time till someones precious child is hurt

much worse t6han my great grandson.

The old grouch in Texas

bowtiebutler956

grouch !

time, so away he goes, hadn't driven it 50 feet when his very jealous 5 year old

Before I could run up and kick the tractor out of gear. I will not bore you with

I'm going on record to say it's just a matter of time till someones precious child is hurt

The old grouch in Texas

I agree that caution should be used, but I was raised riding this very same tractor I have now given to my son, and it was my favorite thing as a child. Accidents can happen, but it could have just as easily happen when he was on his 4 wheeler as it did on your 857. Is your grandson ok now? I'm sure that was very scarey. I know it would have scared me! This might be a good topic for another thread, rather than in this one.

Edited by bowtiebutler956

Lars

grouch !

The old grouch in Texas

I agree that caution should be used, but I was raised riding this very same tractor I have now given to my son, and it was my favorite thing as a child. Accidents can happen, but it could have just as easily happen when he was on his 4 wheeler as it did on your 857. Is your grandson ok now? I'm sure that was very scarey. I know it would have scared me! This might be a good topic for another thread, rather than in this one.

yeah that is some true words there Jim.. hope ur gransdson is ok..

Lars

Hey all

I have got another carb to my 551.. and im going to give it a compleat overhaul. when ill got it it was preatty bad shape. rust etc etc..

so i have had it in carb cleaner for 1 night now and started to clean up the parts and the carb..

here are some pict of the carb.. sorry i should have taken a pict before ill started..

20121122_232831.jpg20121122_232908.jpg

20121122_232942.jpg

Thanks

Lars..

Edited by Knusern

Anglo Traction

:handgestures-thumbup: That's pretty clean now Lars. Are you keeping bright Metal finish or painting?.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

That carb looks fantastic Lars! :text-datsphatyo:

• Like 1

Lars

:handgestures-thumbup: That's pretty clean now Lars. Are you keeping bright Metal finish or painting?.

humm not sure Richard... depends if i can keep it good in bright metal finish. i think that would be cool

Lars

well i finaly got the carb parts to day.. so ill hope to do some work on the carb to day..

here is a few pict of what ill got for her.

20121218_172526.jpg20121218_172642.jpg

and it is all genuine kohler parts.. :)

i have gasket and some more not on the pict.. but i have it..

Thanks

Lars..

Edited by Knusern
  • Like 1

Lars

well i have got time to rebuild the carb etc on it now and wooh it runs sweet now.. Going to get a vid of it when ill drive it..

All i have now is just a short vid of it running..

http://s1208.beta.ph...de8185.mp4.html

Thanks!!

Edited by Knusern
  • Like 2

bowtiebutler956

Sounds great Lars! :woohoo: That sure is a tough sounding Kohler, and one of the most beautiful :wh:'s I've ever seen! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

c161rat

Bout time you got that pile running right!!!!!!! LOL

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Lars, you should be very proud of what you have done here. I know that I am proud to be a small part of it. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT AS A WORKER!!! ARE YOU CRAZY??? I WOULD HAVE THAT HORSE SITTING IN FRONT OF MY FIRE PLACE, AS A CENTER PIECE, WITH FURNITURE AROUND IT. :)

That carburetor looks fantastic. :woohoo: I would never paint a carb. :)

neil

I agree with the Steve , what a real shame that you are going to work it, why dont you get another cheap wheelhorse for working and keep this one safely locked up in somewhere like the lounge of the kitchen

• Like 2

Lars

Lars, you should be very proud of what you have done here. I know that I am proud to be a small part of it. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT AS A WORKER!!! ARE YOU CRAZY??? I WOULD HAVE THAT HORSE SITTING IN FRONT OF MY FIRE PLACE, AS A CENTER PIECE, WITH FURNITURE AROUND IT. :)

That carburetor looks fantastic. :woohoo: I would never paint a carb. :)

WORK THATS WHAT THE HORSE ARE MADE FOR... im not gona work this hard..drive around my yard to watch the fence........

I agree with the Steve , what a real shame that you are going to work it, why dont you get another cheap wheelhorse for working and keep this one safely locked up in somewhere like the lounge of the kitchen

Hehe Neil...well its not gona be a worker but just drive it sometimes mabye whit the trailer or something.. just very light duty... they have better to be used then just be sitting...
  • Like 1

specialwheelhorse

I'm sure glad to hear you are going to work this little gal some.

Ive got some I haven't for awhile and that's not good for engine

tires rearend or anything. They will do a lot and I can just see

those gals riding in a cart or a sled . Enjoy them every minute

you can. they grow up too fast and are gone with there own familys

but then you will be grandpa and can enjoy the grandchildren.

That tractor purrs like a kitten, sounds really good !!!!

The Rodgers Family in Texas

• Like 1