Rooster

Suburban International!

Rooster

WOW!

Careful Bro!

Remember this - Tractors are stuff....stuff can always be fixed or replaced!

People can not!

Looking Great!

Lars

Thanks Fellas..

I have been doing some more work on it and..im trying to figure out the engine but i can get it run good.. but it seems like i have to get me another carb to it..

have put the hood on and boltet it on place, and i put some rubber seals"strip" under the hood down to frame, so it does not have direct contact with the frame so there is a littel space between the frame and hood.

have put on fenders modified the way I like it .. know it is not original but I like it. more parts on is the toolbox, seatspring, seatpan, SteeringWheel,tires,hitch,liftcabel and belt guard.. so it's starting to look like a tractor now.. :)

So here are som pict of how it is now..

20120807_042615.jpg20120807_042625.jpg

20120807_042635.jpg20120808_025334.jpg

20120808_025623.jpg20120808_025409.jpg

20120808_025301.jpg20120809_234558.jpg

20120809_234644.jpg

Thats what i have for now. going to put on the exhaust pipe,chocke,throttel cabel, wire up to the killswitch, etc etc.. and put decals on it.. prolly a lot more too, im gona put it all togeter and get it running good then take of the parts that got scratched and dented and repaint it. but that will be a bit later.. but here are a few pict of the parts..

20120809_234750.jpg20120809_234820.jpg20120809_234828.jpg

Thanks for watching and all the comments guys

Lars.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Its hard to believe thats the same :wh: you pulled out of the crate not to long ago! :jaw: Fantastic work Lars! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas: :flags-texas:

Jake Kuhn

looks like you got hit hard,but it can all be fixed,glad it didn't get you. Its looking very good lars! :handgestures-thumbup: ~Jake

KATO

AMAZING!!!!

KEN

AMC RULES

Nice! Looks like you're doing your Rooster proud over there Lars. :)

JimD

It looks great Lars. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Took me a while Lars, but I caught up with your thread. Fantastic mate...you have the talent and the drive to make it like new. Thumbs up mate. :)

Martin

just caught up on this thread too, lars. very nice work. the damage isnt too bad. id use it a little first while its together, enjoy it some.........

then when you just cant stand looking at the damaged parts any more, pull them off and fix them!!!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Very nice work LARS! You have accomplished something we all learned from and you have given a lesson for others to follow in preserving these little Red Tractors! Thank you for your work and patience in posting all this tremedous activity on this Wheel Horse Suburban for all of us to share in.

• Like 4

Lars

Thanks alot guys for all the nice words.. it makes me realy happy and it means a lot to me..the only thing im missing now i think is a carb to it and get some paint on the screws head on it.... so i have not been abel to drive it..But i have got a hold of carb, that i hope will show up soon. so i can drive my 551

Here are some pict of the tractor how it looks like now.

20120809_230736.jpg20120809_230627.jpg

20120809_234900.jpg20120809_234101.jpg Realy nice decals :)

20120817_223647.jpg20120817_223623.jpg

And here are some pict of it outside20120819_211425.jpg20120819_211446.jpg

And it was sunshine and realy nice day here to day so i just had to take her out for some more pict.. i know u love to look at pict.. but i might have postet way to much of it allready LOL

20120827_163410.jpg20120827_163711.jpg

20120827_163723.jpg20120827_163737.jpg

20120827_163837.jpg20120827_164116.jpg

20120827_163807.jpg20120827_164013.jpg

20120827_163914.jpg Hoping u are enjoy this pictures of the 551.. as soon as i get the carb and got it on the tractor i will post a video of it when ill drive it.. etc..

20120822_003338.jpg this is how ill keep her in the workshop ATM.. LOL

Thanks for watching.

Lars.

• Like 4

whfan74

Don't ever apologize for posting pictures Lars! You know we love to see them and you should be very proud of how that came out. I know it seemed like forever until you finally received it but now you are about ready to sit back and enjoy all of your hard work and patience. You did the Wheel Horse community proud with that one!

• Like 1

meadowfield

Lars,

that is fantastic ! a great end to a brilliant thread :) well done.

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Absolutely great thread and story from Start to Finnish !!!!! . Then there is the superb workmanship and Pics........and the result !. well what can you say? ...I reckon it's a Work of Art. Well done Lars.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Thanks for sharing the trip. I just had to go back and snag this so they're posted together..

From this:

GEDC0017.jpg

to this:

20120827_163837.jpg

A noble feat in itself... but it's the middle 99% of the story that made it all a great thread! :thumbs: :clap:

• Like 1

neil

Congratulations on a fantastic looking suburban Lars.

Ive loved the journey of this story and I bet you are delighted with how the tractor looks & so you should be .

We now look forward to seeing the video of it running & also some pics ot the tractor at some of the shows.

Great Job

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

You sure did one great job on it lars! :bow-blue: Can't wait to see a video of you driving her when you get a carb for it! ~Jake

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Lars, there is no such thing as to many pictures! The :wh: is gorgeous, and it sure found a great home with you! You are a true artist. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

c161rat

the only thing I would change on it is the steering wheel....you should change it with the one sitting next to me in my office with your address on it waiting for someone to get off his fat lazy ass and drive to the post office to mail it!!!!!........LOL....Seriously though It looks beautiful in the sun....nice job!!!!

• Like 1

Rooster

Thanks for sharing the trip. I just had to go back and snag this so they're posted together..

From this:

GEDC0017.jpg

to this:

20120827_163837.jpg

A noble feat in itself... but it's the middle 99% of the story that made it all a great thread! :thumbs::eusa-clap:

Notice the time stamp from first Pic....less than 9 months, and half that speent getting tractor to Norway!

• Like 1

joebob

WOW Lars that looks great buddy, love the look with the skins :snooty: your making me think mine needs redoing

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Absolutely AMAZING Lars. I think there is a calendar shot there for 2013. Those tires look great on her. :) :)

• Like 1

312Hydro

WOW,Lars! Beautiful looking paint work! That is a great looking tractor and you do great body work.

• Like 1

gwgdog66

Sweet!! :woohoo:

• Like 1

Ken B

Without a doubt, one of the nicest one I have ever seen. Great job Lars!

• Like 1