Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

Snow Blower Parts

MalMac

Now that Toro is starting to discontinue alot of parts on various tractors and attachments. I suppose it's time to start thinking on what spare parts to have on hand. Was thinking that my 2 stage will be useless say if a gearbox goes out or the bevel gears up on the auger shaft that turns the impeller. I was wondering if these parts are something common that could be pick up at a place that would sell such items or are specific to just Toro. Was also thinking maybe parts might be able to be pick up from who ever made the blower for Toro. Anyway it's time to start thinking about spare parts because some of these attachments will out live the length of time Toro is going to keep offering parts. It's hard to think of the money some of us have wrapped up in tractors and attachments that could become almost obsolete over night because of lack of parts.

Fun Engineer

I was thinkiing the same thing and have ordered some extra idle chain sprockets and bearings just to be safe. You never know when somethings going to fail. Its normally when you get that big 10 inch snowfall. :)

Kelly

Well the blower idler sprockets, chain and drive gear can be had cheaper at TSC or Fastenal stores.

And you will have to find guys like me for lots of the other stuff, to keep your machines and attachments going.

• Like 1

Forest Road

The bushings used on the ends of the augers are the same as all of their current snowblowers. I wouldn't get overly concerned. The stamped steel parts on the other hand are in short supply.

Fun Engineer

I just picked up my spare sprocket idler. Ouch. $31.70.

Stopping at TSC to see what there stock is priced at.

can whlvr

dont know if the 2 stage uses the same type of idler but i get mine at a bearing supply store,17 bucks and good quality

Hydro

I would imagine the gear box would not a cheap fix and probaby almost too expensive to buy new for a just in case :eusa-think: Are they prone to failure? Anyone have any experience with them?

MalMac

hydro 314 I agree with you, it's very expensive for a just in case. That's what I am getting at. In order to keep some of the attachments running we have to think ahead. Some of the cost are just way too much but on the other hand you will be SOL with out them. Attachments like the 2 stage are not as popular as the singles were, there for finding part donor 2 stage is tough very tough. If you have one that is in very good shape you should get a lot of use out of it with proper maintains. Eventually it will need replacement parts because there are a lot of moving parts on a 2 stage. Some things that are Toro only will need replaced long after they are no longer available. So there lies the problem you have got a very expensive piece of equipment that will last a long time with a replacement part here and there. I guess everything becomes obsolete it's just a shame that they become obsolete while still in good working shape only do to a part that can not be obtained or made at a reasonable price.

WH854

Any body happen to know the size of the pully, that goes on the shaft on the top of a single stage snow blower model # 96-42ST01 (1979 42 inch) P/N 88-2190 Torro wants $55.00 and change. The shaft is 3/4 I need the OD :thumbs::thanks:

Chas :wh:

zieg72

I just went out and measured mine. 5 1/2"

WH854

I just went out and measured mine. 5 1/2"

:thanks: Mate :thumbs:

Hydro

I guess the issue of obsolescence will always be with us since we are all interested in products of the past! :eusa-whistle:

The ingenuity I've seen by some of the members of this site is nothing short of amazing. :notworthy:

For me I am more of a user than a collector so the problem will become reliablity and the ability to repair quickly. :omg:

For the collector it will be the hunt to find what they need. :dance:

Kelly is right! :greetings-waveyellow: Hopefully the discarded and unused products will be found by our salvors so they can be used again. Up here that is less likely to occur than in the US but it's the risk we take to enjoy our Pride of Ownership! :flags-canada:

• Like 1

WH854

Here are some pictures of my parts search for my 42 inch snow blower.

This is the pulley on the shaft 5 1/2 inch one I just got it today from McMasters-Carr P/N 6204K292(Cast Iron V-Belt Pulley 5-45" OD, 3/4 Bore)

PICT0007-4.jpg

The next picture are the shaft bearings (P/N101702) and (P/N101782) Got these on eBay

Thought this may help some one on RS :thumbs:

PICT0005-4.jpg