Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

GT-14 Eaton - implement valve connection ports

meadowfield

Apologies for cross posting...

I've done a bit more homework and now know that I need a 20" and 29" hose to connect the implement valve to the transmission.

But the tranny is all gunged up and before I start undoing something thats a relief valve or that shouldn't be adjusted can someone point me in the right direction as to where the hoses connect and if I need to do anything special.

I'm thinking plug 82 might be one of the ports, but can't fathom out any further....

eaton_pump.jpg

hoping someone can help !

thanks

mark

meadowfield

btw, I meant sundstrand !

WheelHorseSteve

I literally just hooked up those ORB-5 fitted hoses a month ago on the same transmission. The 20" hose goes to the hole w/ #77 on the top that does NOT have # 80 & 81. The 29" hose goes to #77 on the back side of the transmission but it's the LOWER one (not the upper one as the picture seems to indicate -- I made this mistake briefly!)... in fact, it's not visible in the diagram. If your lift doesn't move both ways you picked the wrong one... turn it off! (quickly!)

See the picture below... you can see the 29" hose going in the proper port:

hydrogear_2r.jpg

WheelHorseSteve

One other key point --

Where there is another # 77 plug -- on the side where the control mechanism / cam plate is ("front side") -- those parts # 85 & # 86 are critical ("implement relief valve"). If this transmission had a hydro lift previously they're likely there... if not, they're likely not. There is a member that has those available for sale (Daveoman). The hoses alone aren't enough... it needs the implement relief valve installed in that spot.

meadowfield

Cool,

thanks for that ! it has a lift cylinder and 3 point hitch, but the lift valve had been removed. I have no idea whether it was done correctly or not other than the tractor operates satifactorily and currently does not leak oil.

Joes outdoor power were kind enough to ship me a valve to the UK and I'm hoping that I just need to hoses, but it isn't a given then...

I'll have to take the rear fender off and clean it up before unscrewing the ports and checking for the valve.

mark

meadowfield

Righto - got the new hoses, couplers and o-rings. Manuals are as clear as mud - well probably lost a bit in the scanning :D

Looking for clarification on the correct outlets, relief valve and hose routing.

implementvalve.jpg

I'm quite certain it's the top two bolts where the ports are. Both are blocked with 3/8 bolts that have been cut down. I've not looked inside - should I see some kind of relief valve? (Oil was running out when I unscrewed them so I put them back in quickly. :)

Both pipes look quite long - do they route toward the back and then back through the tunnel? seems thats a more obvious route given the length.

thanks

mark

Trouty56

I think the parts in question are at a 90 degree angle to these outlets behind on each side.or at least the outlet side. But I think both sides need a cone for implement operation. I could be way off here though.

meadowfield

I literally just hooked up those ORB-5 fitted hoses a month ago on the same transmission. The 20" hose goes to the hole w/ #77 on the top that does NOT have # 80 & 81. The 29" hose goes to #77 on the back side of the transmission but it's the LOWER one (not the upper one as the picture seems to indicate -- I made this mistake briefly!)... in fact, it's not visible in the diagram. If your lift doesn't move both ways you picked the wrong one... turn it off! (quickly!)

See the picture below... you can see the 29" hose going in the proper port:

hydrogear_2r.jpg

I've just noticed one of your hoses coming out of the back as you highlight. It looks like my hoses are connected to the rear of the pump (side looking from the back).

Taking a closer look at the transmission, are there two outlets and 2 inlet ports on the transmission?

Seems odd that these ports have been blanked off and the lift valve removed.

...even more odd that I can't seem to follow the exploded diagram and my transmission - is it possible that mine has been modified?

on the exploded diagram it looks like the tow valve is on the top - not the front as mine is... course I could just be really stupid here :banghead:

meadowfield

ahhh...

further reading and looking at pictures it all gets a bit clearer. GT14 parts manual has exploded hydrogear, whereas mine being a 1973 model is piston piston.

Diagrams make more sense as they now look like my transmission!

sundstrandpistonpiston.jpg

tow valve is now in the right place !

So now I think the following is true..

hydropump.jpg

0-1000 psi gauge ordered so I can do a proper pressure check, fingers crossed those square section seals for the lift valve will arrive this week too :)