Sign in to follow this  
Rod(NASNUT)

Charger 9 or 10?

Rod(NASNUT)

I have a 1968 Charger 9 model # 1-7931 The decal on the hood stand has Charger 10 so what is it a Charger 9 or 10 ? :thumbs:

catman81056

According to your modle # and the Toro master parts viewer, it's a 1968 Charger9 with a 10hp Tecumseh motor.

CHARGER9AUTO
I have a 1968 Charger 9 model # 1-7931 The

CHARGER9AUTO
2414089788_18c6960720_b.jpg

Rod(NASNUT)
According to your modle # and the Toro master parts viewer, it's a 1968 Charger9 with a 10hp Tecumseh motor.
I know that it is a Charger 9 but why dose the decal on the hood stand say Charger 10 do you think someone put that on there? :thumbs:

catman81056

There was a post earlier about the same thing, and it had something to do with dealers putting the sticker on the hood to state the fact that it was a 10hp even know it was a charger9.

Maybe Karl or one of the other Mods can find it.

CHARGER9AUTO

I know that it is a Charger 9 but why dose the decal on the hood stand say Charger 10 do you think someone put that on there? :thumbs:

Rod, I restored the tractor and put the wood grain Wheel Horse AUTOMATIC DRIVE decals on the hood . the other fuel tank decal with the # 9 would of cost extra . Ben

Rod(NASNUT)

:whistle: This is like the Charger 9 or Charger 10 on mine model no. 1-7931 tells me it is a Charger 9 but the decals on it say it is a Charger 10 so what is it? If I put new decals on it what should I use 9 or 10? :WRS:

TT

:WRS: This is like the Charger 9 or Charger 10 on mine model no. 1-7931 tells me it is a Charger 9 but the decals on it say it is a Charger 10 so what is it? If I put new decals on it what should I use 9 or 10? :D

I think we talked about this before, Rod. (maybe in my Yahoo group? :whistle: )

My 1968 Charger 9 (1-7931) had the "Charger 10" tank tray decals, but stuck over top of the "10" was a small square decal with the number "9" printed on it. The top decal was woodgrain with a white number, just like the decal it was covering.

(I peeled the "9" decal off separately before stripping the tank tray for painting.)

Rod(NASNUT)

But why did they do that :whistle: also on mine I took the 10 decal off but there was nothing under it :WRS:

CasualObserver

But why did they do that :whistle: also on mine I took the 10 decal off but there was nothing under it :WRS:

TT is saying his 9 was over the top of the 10, not under it... there shouldn't be anything under the 10. Maybe it was an afterthought decision to use the 9s after the 10s were already done. lostthread.gif

TT

OK.... even though it was like driving drunk & blind on ice, I got this connected with the original post in its own topic. :whistle: