Sign in to follow this  
j.robinson389

1984 C-195 I Think?? Now with Pics

j.robinson389

Hi all, first post on this forum, Great reading here.

My dad has a C-195 and I think it is a 1984, it has been out of daily commission for about 10 years, but it still ran as of 2-3 yrs ago, although there is a problem with ignition/wiring system, I think it is just a shorted wire though (fuse keeps blowing). Anyways, I would like to turn it into a restoration project, but he would rather sell it, if a decent price could be fetched for it, so I am posting here to get recommendations on what to do. I hope to add some pictures to this ASAP.

Here are the details, that I remember, I haven't seen it in about 2 years. Kohler Engine, 50" tiller, 60" deck, all hydraulics worked at last check, the rest of the details can probably be figured out knowing it by model.

What would something like this be worth, in as-is (used and a little rusty) condition be. I live in SW Ohio.

Or should I take some time, and get everything back sound order, then try to sell?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

546cowboy

Well from what I've seen C-195's are hard to find but without any pictures, you can't expect to get a good answer. I know if I had one I would fix it up and use it. Then I would make a decision on whether to keep it or sell it. It is on my wish list but you are a little too far away from me unless the price is right. If you decide to sell, one that is original and in decent shape may be worth as much to a collector as one you have partially restored. Just my opinion.

That 50" tiller could get you $300 to $500 from what I've seen lately and 60" decks aren't cheap either and you would still have the tractor.

refracman

I have a few of the 195's if the deck/ 3pt lift levers sre up high its a 84, down low 82/83. As for prices Id have to see it first, like everything else condition is the key to price.

bobert94

Its a 1982 the 1984 has lift controls up higher on the rear fender. Probably not worth much you should let me take it off your hands. LOL Seriously you should hang onto it they are a very desirable tractors. yours has the rear pto which is very rare in its self. with the attachments it has it has me jealous. hang onto it.!!

546cowboy

I just don't see how you could consider selling that tractor unless you don't have a use for it. It has everything you could want in a vintageWheel Horse. I could see parting with it if it needed a lot of work that you couldn't do yourself but it's in really nice shape. It would be a great resoration project.

Sparky

Nice machine :eusa-clap: . Did your Dad buy it new?

Personally I would keep it and tinker with the wiring and whatever else it needs in your spare time. Its now 30 years old and as long as you don't do something catastrophic like blow the motor up it shouldn't loose any value.

Mike........

can whlvr

:text-yeahthat:

j.robinson389

My dad bought it in 1986 and it had almost 500 hrs on it then. Now it has 935 hrs on it.

So it is an 82 not an 84? I think I agree I googled pics of an 84 and I see the difference in control location. It's just a little surprising since my dad thought it was an 84 for the past 26 years. :)

oldnugly

If you decide to sell it "as is" please put it on Dayton CL so I can see it first <lol>!

To get anywhere near what it's worth you should first get it running, check for leaks, missing knobs, etc. These things are amazingly easy to work on (except maybe the hydraulics) and the members here are very willing to help you. I have found that many of the misc. little parts are in stock at the Wheel Horse dealer. There are online sources that the guys here can help you locate parts too.

If ya' just wanna dump it, I can be there in two hours!

Unless you're in a big hurry take your time and get it ready. That might give you time to establish a realistic price too.

As one reply above said these C-195's are hard to find.

Operator

The one I have is an '84 and there is no way I would sell it, great tractor! I bought it from a very nice gentleman. If I were you, hang on to it!

Shuboxlover

I would pay $2000 for it in a heart beat the way it sits with the attachments. But then again I'm 12 hours away

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Don't sell it your crazy if you do. I sold a d-180 with loader bucket now kick myself in the rear.We just bought a new home and I could use it here o'well you live you learn again don't sell it.

CTPATRIOT

Wish i kept the one i had,sometimes one thing has to pay for another though...

Shuboxlover

I would not sell it....unless you got CRAZY money for it. But if it were mine, I would keep it!!!!!!!!!!

refracman

Rare? I've had eight of them and still have six, and didnt drive over a 30 miles to get all but one. Of the eight, only one is a parts tactor because it rolled down a hundred foot hill, still haven't decieded what to do with it,

You guys must be WH poor in your neck of the woods.

. But it does help when one of the largest WH dealers was 8 miles from your house.

marvairplanes

Steve,

About a year ago I sold a nice RAIDER...bumber sticker said

"ANYTHING IN TRADE THAT DOESN'T EAT" !!!

I heard that one time JONES WHEEL HORSE actually took a goat in trade. And also heard that they claimed they were the world's largest wheel horse dealer.

Marv

refracman

True story Marv, they would take ANYTHING in on trade and one or twice a year auction the tradein's off. One year during the 70s they sold 365 tractors, and most would top 250.

Mr. Jones would load a tractor in his Elcamino and drive around on saturdays and sundays, if he seen someone mowing and it wasn't a WH, he would stop, unload, and say use it for a week and see how ya like it. Sold a lot like that!

j.robinson389

I think it has been decided to this tractor up FOR SALE. It has been almost a year since I started this topic and we haven't turned the first wrench on it. Hopefully I will get this put up in the classifieds in the next couple of days.

I want to be as upfront with its condition as possible, but I also know that this tractor with a tiller and deck are somewhat rare. Anyways, I haven't heard it run in a couple years and as I remember there was some electrical problem that caused a fuse to keep blowing. All hydraulics worked at last check. Let me know if you are interested. Also this is my dad's tractor, but he isn't too computer savvy so I am doing the posting and communicating for him. If there are some serious buyers I will give you his phone number and you can further discuss details.

Thanks,

-Jake

JackC

It is a special tractor. It was a special project for wheel horse and they referred to it as the Super "C". Very rare with the three point hitch. If it were mine there is absolutely no question, I WOULD KEEP IT.

(I was not paying attention to your prior posts and the decision to sell. At least you came to the right place to find a new home for it.)

baerpath

Sit back and take offers. Mine is on the way

Duane

j.robinson389

I believe we have an agreement pending on the tractor. If that changes I will be sure and update this posting. But with priority given to those who have PM'd me.

Thanks for all the interest. I will be glad o see it go to a good home and maybe be brought back o life!

-Jake

Ken B

Hopefully someone here bought it. It sure does look like a nice clean machine.

Duff

Please let us know who bought it if the buyer doesn't mind! Like a bunch of the other guys, I'm praying it stayed here in the Red Square family!

Duff :thumbs: