Sign in to follow this  
ricksrj58

RJ Ratrod

ricksrj58

i recently picked up 2 rj trannys for $50 and one has broken teeth on the ring gear and the other has a near new looking ring gear.and i also picked up this frame with a cut up hood for $20,anyways i have so many extra bits and pieces i decided to make a ratrod { no good parts are going to be cut up }

i need to flip the rear section of frame so the rearend will sit higher,make new shifter rods to clear the engine which may be a K181.updates will be very slow coming due to my work schedule.

SAM_0442.jpg

SAM_0443.jpg

VinsRJ

Nice! I like the starting point. Looks to me like you've got a 551 frame and tranny with a RJ hood. I love bashing junk parts together too. My Rat has gone under the knife again.... nice fresh new look for 2011! Keep at least me update!

AMC RULES

:woohoo: Going rogue on us, choppin' up a round hood. :ychain: Keep us posted with your progress. :blink:

Jake Kuhn

Sounds like a cool project and remember :wwp:

ricksrj58

i had a day off due to equipment failure and was able to properly mount the tranny and do a mock up.i picked up a real nice set of aluminum spoke rims for the front that are not much bigger than the ones on it now and only half as wide maybe. i know..i know heres the pics

SAM_0477.jpg

SAM_0478.jpg

SAM_0481.jpg

AMC RULES

You nailed the stance Rick. :handgestures-thumbup:

Eriks Red horse herd

Pretty Rad! That ain't no NUT ROASTER! With that engine it'll be a dad burn Johnsonville Brat griller. :ychain:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Pretty Rad! That ain't no NUT ROASTER! With that engine it'll be a dad burn Johnsonville Brat griller. :ychain:

:ROTF::happy-bouncyredfire::happy-bouncyredfire: :angry-extinguishflame:

• Like 1

wheelhorse656

:laughing-rolling: